SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion 229 SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion 229 SAO Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
With all the double stack, high end SA pistols in the market and on the way, how does the Legion 229 SAO stack up? Those who have it, how happy are you with it? Trying to decide about a future purchase. Having 229 holsters already is a benefit.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dc54.....I can't comment on the 229 SAO but I do own a 226 SAO and I can tell you that the SAO version has the best production trigger I have ever owned. The 226 SAO is extremely accurate and fun to shoot. Hope this helps a little!

Posts: 114 | Registered: September 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered one for a member here about a year ago. I was very impressed with the single action trigger on the gun. Obviously the weight isn't there like it would be with a Shadow 2, X5, 1911, etc, but the relatively compact size is probably a feature to some and obviously holster and mag compatibility.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boat Fun:
dc54.....I can't comment on the 229 SAO but I do own a 226 SAO and I can tell you that the SAO version has the best production trigger I have ever owned. The 226 SAO is extremely accurate and fun to shoot. Hope this helps a little!

+1!

I can add that by substituting a lighter mainspring the already great trigger becomes even better.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Have one and love it. That said, I love my 226 SAO even more. Something about the 226 just feels right. That said the 229 makes for a better carry gun. Mine has been 100% reliable, seems to be a little more accurate with 147gr loads than 124gr. I have carried it a couple of times but it still hasn't worked into my regular rotation, keep coming back to some flavor of 1911.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Have one and love it. That said, I love my 226 SAO even more. Something about the 226 just feels right.

Ditto. Fits like a freakin glove! Best grip of any in the stable.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
quote:
.I can't comment on the 229 SAO but I do own a 226 SAO and I can tell you that the SAO version has the best production trigger I have ever owned.

I couldn't say it better. In terms of accuracy, ergos, and trigger, my 226 SAO directly competes with my Wilson Combat CQB and CZ Shadow 2.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on the 229 SAO either but I do own a 220 SAO and the trigger is very nice and it is very accurate. I have also handled a 226 SAO and it was just as nice as my 220 SAO. So I would expect the 229 SAO to be the same.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
If you want a Sig SAO, it’s fine. Something like a CZ Compact Shadow Line blows it away imo and is more compact.

I obviously haven’t handled one yet, but I think the Dan Wesson DWX looks like a better double stack SAO too. If you really want to go big, the Wilson EDC X9 is outstanding.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig 229 Legion SAO and love it! Great trigger & grip. I also have a Legion 226 and 220 SAO. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my Sig Legion P226 SAO last night and boy is it ever sweet. Due to it being purchased through the LE/Veterans program it is all black versus the normal Legion gray. I really like the black finish. The trigger pull measures a consistent 3 pounds 10 ounces. It doesn't get much better than this!!

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
The Dan Wesson DWX is what had me looking at this style of gun. I have a Legion 229 TDA that The SigArmorer made even better. The 229 SAO was always something I wanted. I’ve just moved away from SAO, but still have the itch. My 220 SAO worked on by Robert ruined 1911s for me. It just makes since for me to stay with the familiar platform. Thanks for the feedback.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two thoughts:

One, those black LE Legions have almost motivated a career change for me (at the vigorous age of 57) just so that I can buy one. And, my hope that Sig will eventually release them to us common folk is what has slowed me from adding a 226 SAO to join my 220 Legion SAO.

Secondly, when the new DW was announced, I was a bit perplexed by the resulting excitement on this site. It seemed to me that the 226 SAO already filled that niche at a lower price point.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post