SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 15 round magazine problems.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 15 round magazine problems. Login/Join 
posted
Howdy!

I’ve had my P365 for almost a year now. I have six of the 12 round magazines I use from it ever loaded the 10 round magazines. I have had zero problems with the 12 round magazines. I purchased four of the new 15 round magazines I went to load the new 15 round magazines up today had to use my Maglula to load them. I wasn’t at the range to test fire them so I simply hand unloaded them. All four of the magazines at around round 13 the spring and follower hung up. Had to use a rod to get it to release. I tried the reloading and unloading a few more times and a couple of the magazines improved but not to where I would trust them for use in a EDC. So next step will be a actual range test.

Anyone else had problems with the Sig P365 15 round magazines. Sig asked way to much money for these magazines not to work.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I bought 4 and all of them worked perfectly. I tested them with a couple different types of ammo and loaded then multiple times.

I did have to buy a uplula mag loader though. No chance I was getting 15 in them all by hand.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Just frustrated. I would be too if I had just dropped $45 x 4 and was having problems.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, there have been other posts on this issue. The forum has a search function. It shows:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...Type=1&search=Search

Generally with extra and very high capacity mags they may have initial problems loading.

1) Load all four mags up to full capacity. Let them sit for about a week. Longer in some cases. I had to do this with Glock 9mm 17 rounders.

2) If Item 2 doesn't work, disassemble the mags. Check the followers, body, springs, etc for any burrs, sticky stuff or binding. Keep the components facing the same direction they were when they came out. Avoids assembling something backwards.

3) Look through the above link. You may find an answer there as well.

FWIW, Sig put a lot of work into stuffing a lot of rounds into a sub-compact. The 10, 12 and the 15. Sig mags for any of their pistols have never been inexpensive. P229 and P226 mags are $40. If somebody wants inexpensive mags...get a Glock ($25).

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
quote:
uplula mag loader

on my 15 round magazines, and with all my new guns or mags. I like to load them up using myuplula mag loader, to their maximum count, and let them sit for a week or two, it really helps big time, the P 365 15 rounders are a little tougher than some and need a little time to settle in...hope this helped...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The magazines are still thirty six bucks at Osage.

To my thinking, with a 10 or 12 round magazine in the pocket, having the 15 round magazine as a spare is a no-brainer. Why wouldn't one get the 15 round to carry as the second or third magazine?

Yesterday I dropped the P365 in a pocket holster with a 12 round magazine and one in the chamber, and had a couple of 15 rounders, one in each cargo pocket. 43 rounds in a pocket pistol isn't bad. By comparison, the Chief's special would need eight extra speed loaders to do the same thing

I've had zero issues with any of the magazines. I've got a bunch of the 12 and 10 round mags, and for now just a a few of the 15 round magazines. The magazines are all well made and don't seem injury-prone.

I toss the P320 mags and trample past them at the range, on a regular basis; they get dropped full of rounds, sometimes. Never an issue. The P265 mags are of the same design and construction, just a bit smaller. I don't anticipate any issues with them at all.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My 15 round magazine works perfectly, but like my Glock it requires loading with a uplula. However, when manually unloading it at around the 13th round it hangs up for some reason. Never happens when firing it.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The LuLa loaders have been a God send for me. In my early 40s, my hands began to deteriorate from arthritis and a life time of disuse. Could never have had as many great, fun range trips without them.

The 15 round mags are on my list but are not near the top. We are using 12 rounders for summer, pocket and purse carry. All ways work well.
Most of the 365 use is as drawer or desk guns We are still getting used to them but each trip is an improvement.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i bought 3 just to use as backup for Walmart trips and to get a longer grip to use in idpa bug matches.....

when loading the first mag right out of the package i noticed after 3 or 4 rounds the mag seemed to jam....what's happening is the area of the follower that activates the slide stop is catching in the slot that the mag catch uses....i went ahead and loaded all three and have used them ever since with no malfunctions...occasionally while loading and unloading i notice the same thing but have learned to live with it....D I C K

"Take a kid shooting"

Posts: 28 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It may be worth removing the baseplate to see if there's a burr somewhere. I've got a stack of 10, 12, and 15 round P365 mags, without any difficulty from any of them, other than as noted, they're a bit stiff to load when new.

I might suggest that if you hit a point where you've counted the rounds as you've inserted them in the magazine, and it's not loading to capacity and feels bound up, unload and try again.

The initial poster (several years ago, now) mentioned pushing down with a rod, which I envisioned as pressing the follower down with a rod with an empty magazine. These mags are incredibly efficient at using a very small amount of space to jam a lot of rounds into the mag. It may be that it just doesn't look like that many rounds will fit, or if indeed you're attempting to put twelve rounds in and they're not all going in there's a physical issue with the magazine.

First thing I'd look at, after inspecting for a burr or defect (dent in the mag body, for example), would be to ensure that the spring is oriented correctly. If you have a mag which is functioning correctly without issue, then pop off the base plate, and without removing the spring or follower, lay it on the work bench. Then do the same with the problem mag and compare the two. Are the angles of the coils, especially top and bottom, matching the "good" mag? If not, try re-orienting the spring (turn it around, or flip it). It's possible that the spring was put in incorrectly. It wouldn't be the first time.

I just haven't seen issues with the P365 mags, other than they do tend to be had on thumbs when new. With use (both sitting loaded for a time and cycling...loading and unloading manually or by firing), they do become a bit more user-friendly.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Its no different in rifle mags, the AR 20 rounders can be difficult to get the last one in, the 30 rounders had an unofficial policy to just quit at 28. Nonetheless we could do it, not too hard.

Small short barreled 9mm autos with light slides have fast cycle speeds, and that means stiffer mag springs to push up the bullets to get one in front of the slide before it overrides. A 5" barreled gun is typically easy but as guns were "compacted" and shared mags, then went double stack, mag springs got stiffer. Its the price we pay to have more capacity.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea but the guys point above stands. The “issue” is he couldn’t unload them without binding. He hasn’t even shot the mag yet. This is the same as guys saying their gun is malfunctioning because they can’t hand cycle rounds through it.

Shoot the fucking gun a few times with your new mags. If it malfunctions then you have an issue. This isn’t an issue. Yet.

Shoot the gun with your “problem” mags. Report back. Or not because they probably work fine in real use.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The mechanics inside the magazines are likely much different, and more variable between users, when manually unloading as opposed to actual shooting.

I think some people are over thinking this one.

This perceived problem is like cycling your slide by hand at slow speed and having the round not seat fully or strip off the top of the magazine as it would in real use.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post