SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trigger creep
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger creep Login/Join 
posted
I bought my P365 2 weeks ago, and was slightly disappointed with the trigger “creep” between the take up and the break. After the many reviews I read before buying the gun, some people made it sound like was the best striker fire trigger on the planet. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the gun, but I have other striker fired guns that are much smoother than the Sig. I only have 200 or so rounds through it so far, so it may very well get better as it breaks in. If it does not get better, I’m sure a little polishing would help a lot. Any thoughts on this?

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff365:
Any thoughts on this?

Yes, but you might not like them. Wink

You are displeased that you don't have a bullseye trigger break (i.e., no trigger creep between takeup and break) on a micro-compact defensive pistol. Should you ever need to use the gun for its intended purpose, I doubt you will notice the creep.

You may be correct that it improves with use. All of my P-series pistols did. But if it doesn't, some creep in the trigger would not be a reason for me (personally) to go polishing sear/striker surfaces on a defensive gun.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P365's have excellent triggers. No complaints at all.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff365:
After the many reviews I read before buying the gun, some people made it sound like was the best striker fire trigger on the planet.
That honor goes to Walther's PPQ, and I would not expect for a pistol as small as the P365 to have an exceptional trigger.

If ever you need to use this pistol to defend yourself, I assure you that you won't notice any trigger creep.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post