SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P227 Elite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P227 Elite Login/Join 
posted
Anyone own a P227 Elite? Thinking of shooting .45 again, considering this and HK45 only. I love my P226ee, but thoroughly enjoying my new P30L also. Any feedback would be helpful, Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 9mmskng,

Posts: 72 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
I saw this video a while ago. Good video and comparison and decent amount of info.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have the elite but do have the 227 carry with an srt and it's a fantastic gun. I have the elite in 9mm in the 229 and personally am a fan of the big beavertail. 227 is an excellent shooting 45 imo. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have a P227 Elite. It handles more or less like my P226 Enhanced Elite but shoots like a P220 (same slide AFAIK).

It's not a small pistol but with the E2 grips, it doesn't feel massive...the FNX45 and USP are way bulkier. I think it's the best of the three if you don't have huge hands.

for a double stack .45 it's pretty manageable and it looks the business too (i'm partial to the Elite pistols).

I keep it next to my bed though I shoot .45 so little that i'd probably be better off with one of my older .40 Elites in terms of what i'm used to shooting.

Not sure if that was helpful, but if you like the P220 but wish the grips were like a P226 and want the extra capacity, it's a good choice.

And if you like Sigs like I do, you can't not have a 227 in the stable!

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently drove 600 miles for a deal on a P227 SAS G2.
It was worth it. The P227 in any form is a great gun!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ONLY considering the Elite. LOVE the Beavertail on ANY model Sig!

Posts: 72 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I don't have a P227, but I have an HK45 and a USP, both in .45.

I've never felt the need to own a P227 because the grip just seems overly fat. I know it is supposed to be the same as a P226, but it seems bigger to me. That being said, it's still a great gun. Just not for me.

I like my HK45...a lot. The sights are really bright and easy to line up on target. The grip is thinner, although not really as ergonomic as it looks.

The USP is excellent. It's huge and has the ergonomics of a 2x4, but it holds 12 rounds in the magazine, so I look past the ergonomics. Plus, every time I shoot it, I get to say...."Yo Homie! Is that my briefcase?!"

I like HK's safety/decocker. I have big hands with stubby thumbs, so I need to adjust my grip to hit the decocker on a full-sized SIG. HK's design just let's me hit it like a 1911 safety without any grip adjustments.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one and it shoots great. Only sig I really like with the e2 grips on. Fits my smaller sized hands great. I don't like the skinny trigger on sigs either but it works well for my reach on the 227. Very soft shooting piece.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up an enhanced elite P227 very recently. after the first 300 rounds I could notice a "break in" with the recoil spring loosing up and becoming easier to rack the slide.
I am also NOT a fan of the short reach trigger. I'm 6'1 with long fingers, not a good mix. I'm getting pinched, and is very tough in DA to get the hammer to fall without adjusting my grip.
I'm going to send it back to sig to have them put a standard trigger like in my MK25.
I'm also considering having them do the action enhancement to lighten up that DA pull while they switch the trigger.

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
I'm a bigger fan of the 227 than the HK45......especially is you get a set of the g10 grips on it.....one of the softest shooting 45s I've ever shot/owned

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I decided NOT to send it in to sig. After reading a bunch of posts on this forum and others, it seemed the majority were unimpressed with the sig custom shop services.

I found an excellent nutnfancy video that shows how to swap out the short reach trigger to a standard trigger. Wow what a piece of cake!! Literally took me 15 mins to do it myself.

Now this P227 enhanced Elite is PERFECT!!

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post