SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig X Carry /vs\ Wilson Combat Carry Modules Compared (and Compact)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig X Carry /vs\ Wilson Combat Carry Modules Compared (and Compact) Login/Join 
Picture of Boxer9
posted
Sig Sauer 320 X Carry -Wilson Combat Grip Module /vs\ Sig X Carry Module
(X Compact module also compared)
-
I don't normally do comparisons, but I thought this was information people could use, so here it is.
-
First, with the Carry size slide, you can use the Sig X Carry or Sig X Compact factory modules, they both work great, see my Instagram wall for other pictures. But you can also use the Wilson Combat Carry module as well.
-
Several similarities between the Sig X Carry factory module and the Wilson Carry module. I really like both but the Wilson fits *ME better! I like the improvements.
-
I also like the Sig X Compact module. I have XL/XXL hands and it works great. My hand comes to the bottom of the magazine. On the X Carry and Wilson module my hand comes to the bottom of the frame.
-
Ironically (maybe intentionally), the Compact with a magazine is same length as the X Carry module (including Wilson). The only difference is the X Carry magazine baseplate thickness makes it longer. Should be evident in pictures. About 1/4"-5/16" longer.
-
Some are saying, "but longer makes it harder to conceal". True, but we are talking an almost unnoticeable amount. And...AND, notice on the Wilson Combat module the back of the grip is rounded. (And it feels better in hand, to *ME.
-
Rest of what I'm trying to show should be clear in photos. -
The X Carry (factory) and Wilson Combat-modules are identical in overall size, width, height, etc, except for obvious ergonomic changes and a narrowed light rail and wider magazine well. Wilson Combat also cleaned up the little line around the magazine release so it isn't sharp on your trigger finger which is a nice touch. The Wilson module is more aggressive textured on the front and backstraps, the sides are grippy as well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but can you please resize your gigantic photos?

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boxer9
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:

Nope. Wish I could. I only have a phone for internet and Imgur app doesn't have the option. A lot of forums have auto resizing software.
Loos okay on phone or tablet. Sorry.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
No it doesn’t “look ok” on my tablet, maybe post links to photos instead of embedding them.

Huge and worthless as is

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boxer9:
Nope. Wish I could. I only have a phone for internet and Imgur app doesn't have the option. A lot of forums have auto resizing software.

You do know they make FREE apps to resize images, right?

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boxer9:
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:

Imgur DOES have a resize option....You just need to select/set the image size BEFORE you upload it. You should stick w/ either 800 x 600, or 1024 x 768.

It looks like you've put together a pretty good comparo here, but these are Definitely NOT Compact, as in completely unviewable at the current resolution! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Yep.....those are huge photos on my tablet.

Thanks for the comparison.

My Wilson module arrived today, it shipped very quickly. In my hands the sides offer less texture/grip than my GGI X module but front and back strap texture is more robust/much grippier. The grip is very comfortable overall. It feels very different with the narrow blackstrap. I look forward to hitting the range.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Looks just fine on my 43" widescreen monitor. Big Grin The pics are indeed big.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comparison, Boxer9. I'm in the process of setting up a full-size Sig P320 for home defense and range work. My plan is to start with the RX model, swap out the grip module for something that will fit my smallish hands, and then drop in a Gray Gun trigger assembly. From one of your photos, the Wilson grip looks just a bit more narrow. Is that the case? Are there other dimensional differences that make the trigger reach slightly shorter on one than the other?

Thanks again.

HoWink

Posts: 133 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: May 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Here they are resized and hosted. You can copy and paste them in your original post if you want.

Nice job on these BTW!

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Great comparison. I prefer the Wilson too just by looking at your pics. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post