SIGforum
SIG p226 with Romeo 1 RMR Slide Recommendations

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3970046144

May 11, 2018, 07:20 PM
SSAreGreat
SIG p226 with Romeo 1 RMR Slide Recommendations
Does anyone have the SIG 226 with the Romeo 1 RMR and if so how do you like it? I have a SIG 226 MK 25 and I was looking at the conversion kit which comes with a Romeo 1 RMR milled into the slide. The total price is $590 and it comes with the slide, RMR, barrel, recoil spring, and one magazine. I love shooting my 226 and would like to be more accurate with it.

I am not sure if the many red dot is worth another 600 which I could put towards another gun.

Thank

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!
May 12, 2018, 02:03 AM
Dusty78
I reviewed mine here

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...360092144#8360092144

May 12, 2018, 05:34 AM
10-7 leo
I don't have a 226 anymore but I have a 320RX.

I've found that if you have older eyes and focusing on close objects is difficult, a red dot sight of some sort may be just what will help you.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin
May 13, 2018, 07:01 AM
Factor8
I have a P226 SAO RX and I also have a P226 P226 X-change kit that I put on a project P226 SSE that you are asking about. I do not know how many rounds I have put through both of them at this point 10k+ rounds. I got both of them at launch the SAO I have had since Dec 2016 and the RX X-Change kit since Apr 2017. I have yet to have one problem with them.

The only down side is the RX X-Change kit comes with contrast sights and not night sights. But other than that it is one hell of a deal for a complete milled slide with an optic on it.
May 13, 2018, 09:10 AM
USAFA71
I added the conversion kit to my German 226 and it works great. But you do have to get used to the red dot wandering around the target more than you do the iron sights- just like a rifle scope will show you wandering around the target if you shoot the rifle standing. But it definitely makes it easier to hit the target if you have vision problems(which I do).

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
May 13, 2018, 10:24 AM
Roughneck6
I bought the P226 RX Exchange kit and placed it on my P226 DA/SA Legion. I also swapped the barrel and solid steel guide rod out of my Legion and put it in my RX slide. It runs great, flawless, no difference in accuracy from my Standard Legion. I’ve now used this setup in steel matches and have been amazed at my speed and accuracy. My times are now faster than iron sights. The key for me is trusting the red dot and not over analyzing its placement on the target before I pull the trigger. Bottom line, if you can find a P226 RX exchange kit grab it.
May 13, 2018, 09:10 PM
Horn
I sent my P320 slide to L&M Precision GunWorks. Mark milled the slide and
attached my Romeo 1 to it. Fine gunsmithing.
Now, the Romeo 1 can be turned off and on. However, when there's no motion it
turns off by itself and will come back on when there's motion. I don't turn
it off manually. I just leave it on. When I'm not packing it then it's off.
I got this from also owning the Shield RMS that is designed to stay on all the time and still have a one to two year battery life.
I'm going to see how long the battery lasts in the Romeo.
How do I like it? Once you zero one of these reflex sights in___you're an
expert shot! A bit of a curve with the half century of automatically looking
for that front sight.
I know some want to co-witnees with their iron sights. I found once you're into red dots those iron sights are a distraction. Just determine how long the battery lasts in your and change it out a few months early.
You'll love shooting with that Romeo 1 sight.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo
May 16, 2018, 07:18 AM
geebo
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Does anyone have the SIG 226 with the Romeo 1 RMR and if so how do you like it? I have a SIG 226 MK 25 and I was looking at the conversion kit which comes with a Romeo 1 RMR milled into the slide. The total price is $590 and it comes with the slide, RMR, barrel, recoil spring, and one magazine. I love shooting my 226 and would like to be more accurate with it.

I am not sure if the many red dot is worth another 600 which I could put towards another gun.

Thank

After buying the wife a 229 RX and shooting it I had to get a red dot, too. Wound up with a Legion 226 RX. The Romeo 1 helps tremendously with far sighted people like my wife and me. With irons I get blurry sights and in focus target or with my reading glasses I get sharp sights with blurry targets. The red dot cures that and makes target acquisition much quicker. We love 'em.