SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SigPro in Law Enforcement
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SigPro in Law Enforcement Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
My buddy went through the Lapd academy for the la port police about 7-8 years ago and his issued weapon was a sigpro 9mm. They had some feeding issues and changed over to Glock shortly after the academy. Hes gone through a few duty weapons since including a springfield xdm, hk usp expert, now a s&w mp pro core.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nsagnell
posted Hide Post
BIL isn Ventura County, CA Sheriff's deputy. Was issued SigPro .40 at some point. Not sure if he's still using it.

--------------------------------
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Posts: 1774 | Location: Miami | Registered: June 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I was issued a Sigpro a long time back. I didn't want to give it up for the Glock 22. The Sigpro I still my favorite duty gun.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sf192nd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Richmond, Virginia Police used to carry SP2340s in .357 Sig in the early 2000s, and switched to SP2022s in .357 Sig in the mid/late 2000s.

I'm not sure if they still have them, though.

Last I saw/heard they carry Sig 229's in .40.

They are using P229R DAK 357sig. They never carried 40. They went directly from the Sig Pro to the 229's. There's some talk of them leaving the 357. I know their tac team now is authorized to carry and issues Gen 4 17's

Posts: 646 | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was shooting at French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville PA probably 7-8 years ago. A off duty cop let me shot his Kimber and I offered him the chance to shoot my SigPro. He passed on the opportunity and said thats what he carries on duty.

So he worked some where in the surrounding area.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I have one of the earlier 2022s and never really thought much of it. Of course I would bet that I have less than 3 mags through it. Maybe if I shot it more?

I prefer my 229 or better yet my C3, which I dearly love to shoot.

My .02 has always been that you get most of the functionality of the P22x, at the weight of a Glock, combined with a lower price.

It continually befuddles me as to why they were not more popular, prior to the p320 coming out and the striker market heated up.

They remain excellent pistols given you can find them around $400 new.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of guys I work with in my department down here in Texas that carry them. I used one in the police academy years ago. I will always have a soft spot for them. Great guns.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am the
Darkside
Picture of Pistole226
posted Hide Post
The Colombian National Police issues the SP2022, but I think their elite units are issued the Glock 17.

"The quick have their sleepwalkers, and so do the dead." Dieter Dengler, Rescue Dawn

Posts: 7787 | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post