SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SigPro in Law Enforcement
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SigPro in Law Enforcement Login/Join 
posted
The SigPro was somewhat popular in Maryland law enforcement. Does anyone know if any agencies are still utilizing these pistols? Thanks and be safe.

Posts: 24 | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
The SigPro seems to be SIGs red headed stepchild as it were. Although I know Bruce Gray loves the gun, there doesn't seem to be much obvious love for it elsewhere.

But, SIG keeps making it, so someone must be buying. I personally like the gun. I just don't know who they are selling them to.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The only department I know used them was outside philly in PA and they used the old Sig Pro 2340 Blue label guns.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a small dept here in PA not far from me . I think they did issue it for a good while , Duncan-non PA . I do not know any more . I like them and had a Blue line with the Sig crest on top of slide . I would get the levers mixed up if I was in a bad deal, maybe .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
French National Police.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s been a sold success for both the French National Police and the Gendarmerie who make use of them extensively but the move to Glocks is on over there. Sig marketed the other P series stablemates to law enforcement here and why not? Their price per unit points were much more profitable than the Sig Pros. We pistol cognoscenti do however realize both the abilities and value of the SP2022. Ive shot some of my best TDA scores with a SP2022...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I have a small dept here in PA not far from me . I think they did issue it for a good while , Duncan-non PA . I do not know any more . I like them and had a Blue line with the Sig crest on top of slide . I would get the levers mixed up if I was in a bad deal, maybe .

I know one of the departments near Jamison where Tanners is had them.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would prefer the SP2022 to a P320 for duty use, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on that.

I know there is a reserve deputy here in Lucas County, OH that carries a Sig pro, but I don't know the details of it, just spotted it in a holster.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Richmond, Virginia Police used to carry SP2340s in .357 Sig in the early 2000s, and switched to SP2022s in .357 Sig in the mid/late 2000s.

I'm not sure if they still have them, though.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I know Ocean City, Maryland used to carry SIGPro’s. Not sure if they still do or not.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I had forgotten about the French National Police and Gendarmarie. I believe most of the SigPro agencies in Maryland have transitioned to something else.

Sadly, I have to agree about preferring a SigPro over a 320.

Posts: 24 | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
While they weren't standard issue, I believe the Sig Pro was on the authorized private purchase list for some federal agencies in the 2000s.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I believe Carroll Township PA used to issue them 10+ years ago. I don't know what the current issue is.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Richmond, Virginia Police used to carry SP2340s in .357 Sig in the early 2000s, and switched to SP2022s in .357 Sig in the mid/late 2000s.

I'm not sure if they still have them, though.

Last I saw/heard they carry Sig 229's in .40.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Forlorn Hope:
Thanks, guys. I had forgotten about the French National Police and Gendarmarie. I believe most of the SigPro agencies in Maryland have transitioned to something else.

Sadly, I have to agree about preferring a SigPro over a 320.

The 2022 gets its name from the French contract

posted Hide Post
I have one of the earlier 2022s and never really thought much of it. Of course I would bet that I have less than 3 mags through it. Maybe if I shot it more?

I prefer my 229 or better yet my C3, which I dearly love to shoot.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
French National Police.

I visited Paris last year and the gendarmes were indeed wearing these fine pistols.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The P2009 SIGPro is standard issue in the Corps of Instructors and the Military Police of the Swiss Army. It's designation is 9mm Pistol 03.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know Ocean City, Maryland used to carry SIGPro’s. Not sure if they still do or not.

Beat me too it. 2 years ago they still had some in holsters. I also see a lot of wheel guns there, mainly for the part time/seasonal officers.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Winston-Salem carried the 2340 from 2002-2011.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post