SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    2015 to now... Beretta 92A1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 to now... Beretta 92A1 Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
What’s your take & perspective on the 92 Vertec? I have a lead on one at a very good price.

The Vertec is a great pistol, but I think you get more for your money with the M9A3. The M9A3 is the Vertec with a few enhancements like checkering and night sights and a 3rd 17 round magazine. But I don't think you have anything to lose, especially if you can get it at a good price. When I bought this one, I paid $450 out the door roughly, but back then in 2001-2002 I don't think you could give these away. Beretta's marketing was horrible with the Vertec.

jljones has actually shot this gun. It handles really well and I think his first two shots with it at 25 yards was into a credit card sized head box. I think from then on he was trying to get me to sell it to him. As you can see I added grip tape to the front and back of the strap. I was lucky to get my hands on this pistol and I would never part with it. Maybe jljones could compare the two since he's shot both now. I will say I have the sights impacting toward the top of the blade on the Vertec and I'm quite sure the standard for Beretta is to drive the dot. Which I don't like cause at 25 most of the guns tend to hit low.

Me personally- I've recently shot a M9A3(updated Vertec) and I really like it, if I had the option today I'd choose it over the Vertec. But price may play an important role here too.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
I prefer the rounded trigger guard on the 92A1 myself

I have to say, it's starting to grow on me too.

My CenTac has the beveled magwell (M9A1), but rounded trigger guard (92A1) - so it's the best of both worlds! Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:

My CenTac has the beveled magwell (M9A1), but rounded trigger guard (92A1) - so it's the best of both worlds! Big Grin

Could you please stop with all this CenTac talk? I don't need another 92 variant. Razz

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I'll just leave this right here...

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Great endorsement. I’ll grab the one that’s become availableWink
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
What’s your take & perspective on the 92 Vertec? I have a lead on one at a very good price.

The Vertec is a great pistol, but I think you get more for your money with the M9A3. The M9A3 is the Vertec with a few enhancements like checkering and night sights and a 3rd 17 round magazine. But I don't think you have anything to lose, especially if you can get it at a good price. When I bought this one, I paid $450 out the door roughly, but back then in 2001-2002 I don't think you could give these away. Beretta's marketing was horrible with the Vertec.

jljones has actually shot this gun. It handles really well and I think his first two shots with it at 25 yards was into a credit card sized head box. I think from then on he was trying to get me to sell it to him. As you can see I added grip tape to the front and back of the strap. I was lucky to get my hands on this pistol and I would never part with it. Maybe jljones could compare the two since he's shot both now. I will say I have the sights impacting toward the top of the blade on the Vertec and I'm quite sure the standard for Beretta is to drive the dot. Which I don't like cause at 25 most of the guns tend to hit low.

Me personally- I've recently shot a M9A3(updated Vertec) and I really like it, if I had the option today I'd choose it over the Vertec. But price may play an important role here too.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The difference between Piedrarc's Vertec and the A3 are pretty minimal, with the sole major exception that the Vertec had that trademark Piedrarc trigger job on it. The A3 is pretty nice out of the box, but Ray's gun will forever conquer the scene.

The Vertec (A3) recoil is soft, and it makes follow up shots a breeze. The thing I noticed the most about both guns is how fast the Vertec slide seems to offer up the next sight picture compared to the 92A1. I know Ray has some pretty strong love with the 92A1, and it is founded by the fact that he can shoot it like a house on fire, but the Vertec seems to get the sights back sooner after the shot than the A1 does.

I think if I were going to dedicate to shooting Berettas, I would start out with a black M9A3, get a good sight combination on it so the thing will zero (my A3 hits about 4 inches low at 25 yards with quality 147 grain ammo), get a 4.7 inch stainless barrel, convert to G, and a Langdon TJIAB.

I think one could just about take over a small island with that set up.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback. I found a 95% Vertec earlier this week. Really wasn’t looking for a beretta but all this Beretta forum traffic and its price inspired me. I had a few D springs lying around and ordered an elite II hammer. I was surprised how well it points. Funny what you find when you’re not looking Wink
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The difference between Piedrarc's Vertec and the A3 are pretty minimal, with the sole major exception that the Vertec had that trademark Piedrarc trigger job on it. The A3 is pretty nice out of the box, but Ray's gun will forever conquer the scene.

The Vertec (A3) recoil is soft, and it makes follow up shots a breeze. The thing I noticed the most about both guns is how fast the Vertec slide seems to offer up the next sight picture compared to the 92A1. I know Ray has some pretty strong love with the 92A1, and it is founded by the fact that he can shoot it like a house on fire, but the Vertec seems to get the sights back sooner after the shot than the A1 does.

I think if I were going to dedicate to shooting Berettas, I would start out with a black M9A3, get a good sight combination on it so the thing will zero (my A3 hits about 4 inches low at 25 yards with quality 147 grain ammo), get a 4.7 inch stainless barrel, convert to G, and a Langdon TJIAB.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Just played with a M9A3 FDE Italian made G-configured pistol.

I have to say I like the grip.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Man, you guys are killing me with these Beretta threads lately. I've had a love for them all my life, being a child of the 80's and it's just going to have to happen at some point, and what you posted may just be all I need to know about where to start.

I'm probably going to have to post my own thread asking questions, I don't want to derail this one. Piedrarc, that 92A1 looks great. I even love the wear on the finish. You've put a ton of work into it, from the looks and sounds of it, and I can only imagine how sweet a shooter it is. Reading this thread is definitely re-kindling my Beretta lust. Big Grin

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
being a child of the 80's

9mm Beretta, 15 in the mag, one up the pipe, wide ejection port...no feed jams.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's some serious shit you carry, there. Smile

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
being a child of the 80's

9mm Beretta, 15 in the mag, one up the pipe, wide ejection port...no feed jams.

I'm too old for this sh!t !

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I see I am in good company.

And who could forget "Now I have a machine gun. HO...HO....HO"

The thing I have noticed about Star Wars and Star Trek nerds is that they fight over which franchise is superior. Children of the 80s have no problem going from Martin Riggs to John McClane. Smile

www.opspectraining.com

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I will happily nerd back and forth from Star Wars to Star Trek.

So live long and use the force for prosperity and always yippie ki ay motherfuckers.

I dig my 92A1 very much as well.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see I am in good company.

And who could forget "Now I have a machine gun. HO...HO....HO"

Smile

BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER!!!!

Eat your heart out It's a Wonderful Life

Beautiful Beretta by the way. Now you've got me yearning to add another one to my stable.

cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
Who did the checkering on your frame? Wilson? Those three things you mentioned (sights, checkering, magwell bevel) are the exact conclusions i came to after having my 92A1 for awhile. If i could do it again I'd probably get the new Langdon LTT model since that has pretty much everything i want in a Beretta 92, but I'm already too invested in the 92A1. Only missing the checkering and magwell bevel.

Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bmo:
Who did the checkering on your frame? Wilson? Those three things you mentioned (sights, checkering, magwell bevel) are the exact conclusions i came to after having my 92A1 for awhile. If i could do it again I'd probably get the new Langdon LTT model since that has pretty much everything i want in a Beretta 92, but I'm already too invested in the 92A1. Only missing the checkering and magwell bevel.

Thanks for sharing!

Wilson did the checkering and the beveled mag well. But I opened the mag well more with a file after a while.

I'm a Die Hard Beretta fan.... (plug to the above posts too)

What absolutely kills me is why they just won't offer the most desired options to the consumer. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the LTT Elite is offered with the features most of us have been chasing for some time. But I just don't understand why they are still offering a integrated front sight and guns without checkering and beveled mag wells.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

posted Hide Post
Integrated front sights have no place on a modern pistol imho. Why they continue with them makes no sense to me.