SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone thread and extend a barrel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone thread and extend a barrel? Login/Join 
posted
I am looking at picking up a suite of suppressors for my pistols and rifles. I have a fair bit of older, and oddball stuff.

Many, don't have drop in threaded barrel replacements. I do have access to buying older used barrels. Specifically barrels for the following:

Ruger p85,
IWI Jerico 941
Sig p225.

All of which i would like to have threaded, and a threaded extension put on. the two places that seem to come up in discussions about this are Adco, and Tornado tech. I would buy used barrels, new if i could find them. Ship them there and have the extension done. Does anyone have experience with this type of work? Is it reliable, feasible and safe enough for suppressor use?

~Aaron

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tornado tech

They do great work and hopefully you'll still own the pistols when they get yours back to you in a year.

They did a Beretta 87 and a SIG P220/22LR for me. They did great work and it was completely reliable for both.

But it took nearly forever, but thankfully I had another barrel for my 87 and could still shoot it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Morgan Richey in Dallas is who I have used lately on stuff. Pricing and work so far have been great.

Class 3 Machining
If you are a member of AR15.com you can browse through pictures of his work on the Equipment Exchange, Services and Customization board. Thread is usually right at the top on page one.
https://class3machining.com/
morgan AT SYMBOL OMITTED dallasshootingsupplies.com

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Morgan Richey in Dallas is who I have used lately on stuff. Pricing and work so far have been great.

Class 3 Machining
If you are a member of AR15.com you can browse through pictures of his work on the Equipment Exchange, Services and Customization board. Thread is usually right at the top on page one.
https://class3machining.com/
morgan AT SYMBOL OMITTED dallasshootingsupplies.com

Yep, have dropped off stuff with him personally and he is great to deal with, very good work.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sig m4 dusty 3030, what was his turn around time?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I had Adco thread and extended my Ruger 9mm 1911 barrel. No issues and accuracy is great.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Times you will have to get from him so I don't want to speak out of place, but my experience has been a regular thread or cut down and thread a rifle barrel less than 2 weeks from the time it left until it came back. More extensive work on an AK that involved machining a gas block as well as threading and SBR engraving was closer to a month.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Dusty's response is probably more accurate than mine as being local there was never any shipping involved. Last time he did work for me it amounted to four barrels cut/threaded. I dropped them off on a Saturday and if I remember right had them back in about 10 days.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank y’all for the local machinist recommendation. I had no idea there was anyone around us.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
L&M precision did My X5 and I'd have no problem sending any gun that way. Great shop, quick turn around and you wouldnt know its not a factory threaded barrel.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post