SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Steve's Pages Down for count? Sig Armorer's Manual Anyone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steve's Pages Down for count? Sig Armorer's Manual Anyone? Login/Join 
posted
Hi All,

My go-to, Steve's Pages, is down for the count- it seems. Steve passed a while ago, and the guy who took over has frozen access to the documents, as he indicated his website was being overwhelmed by downloads from overseas- and he indicated a concern with 'kids' downloading the entire website.

So-

I can't download a Sig P220 Armorer's Manual, or P220 manual [or a variety of non-Sig manuals I would like, but won't bore you with].

8 years ago or so I did download a Sig P225 Armorer's Manual.

Are they close enough not to worry?

My P220 is a machined slide, instead of folded, with the short extractor. [P220 Carry Stainless Elite]

Any insight is appreciated.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
I sent a copy to the email address listed in your profile

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not wanting to jump bczrx's thread but sure would like a copy of Armorer manual for the P226 or the P229 if anybody is willing.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
I sent a copy to the email address listed in your profile

Thanks Steve!!!!!!!!!

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I hate to see Steve's Pages go away Frown...

For PDFs of owners manuals...try here...

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris Hayes - Stevespages new owner said on another site:

"6 weeks ago I caught Iran in the act of trying to download all the firearms manuals and more importantly, the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines training manuals and killed their process then took the entire site down for several days while I implemented firewall blocks against entire countries, the whole African continent, Much of Europe, and currently have 50% of Russia and 2/3rds of China blocked. The bandwidth charges last month cost an extra $90 dollars which is a LOT considering StevesPages has never met yearly hosting cost through donations. And I am spending an extra $1000 to have a database written to help with security and the account creation that I have been forced to implement.

StevesPages has now become a subscription site at $12 per year. I even got an email from Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) asking about the password request they get when coming to the site. They said they have relied on StevesPages for manuals (which they then sell) and they have never donated to stevespages.com in the 5 years I have run the site since Steve's passing.

Anyway, apologies again for resurrecting such an old thread but this seemed the appropriate place to post this information. Anyone interested should read the front page at the site which give a little more detail on the site. It does not say that the site is open for users yet as I am awaiting the completion of the database before posting there. I am however accepting subscription contacts through direct email from the site.

Chris Hayes, www.stevespages.com"

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Thanks jimb888.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JimB, thanks for updating this info!
I am Chris Hayes from StevesPages.com.
Just for info for all, StevesPages is indeed now subscription at $12 per year. That's for access to ~12,000 pages of manuals, diagrams, case dimensions and angles etc.. This is cheaper thn one reprint from Amazon or Cornells, neither of which have 1/10th of the data at StevesPages.

If anyone has interest, please email me first (my address is all over StevesPages) to let me know of interest and I'll start the ball rolling.

StevesPages is not going away and is up for the long run! Smile

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I even got an email from Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) asking about the password request they get when coming to the site. They said they have relied on StevesPages for manuals (which they then sell) and they have never donated to stevespages.com in the 5 years I have run the site since Steve's passing.

Well I'll be, that's some serious BS right there...

BALLS: "How come I can't access your free site so I can sell your stuff?" SMDH!!

Thanks for keeping the site running Chris.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank YOU guys! If it weren't for interest from the sport shooting community, there would be no StevesPages!

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Chris.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Thanks !

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post