Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320c FTE Login/Join 
posted
This mail was also send to our agent in South Africa:

Thanks alot for the extractor kit you replaced on my Sig P320. (Extractor, Spring, Back & Front Piece), however, it did NOT sort out the problem of FTE (Failure to Eject)

I read alot in forums about this specific problem with the Sig P320, and it comes down to one thing- Sig cannot solve the problem...

I did a 4 hour test yesterday on my Sig Sauer P320 Compact.

Technical Info:
1 year old Sig Sauer P320 compact
Replaced Complete extractor kit by L&O
x1 New Original Sig Sauer Magazine (15 Rounds)
x5 Used Sig Sauer Magazines (15 Rounds)
Sig Sauer Elite Performance Ammo (See Pictures attached)

Test 1
Dirty gun from Previous day Shooting (IPSC Production 162 Rounds...with 5 FTE's)
x5 1 year old magazines
x1 New Magazine
New Magazine
Sig Sauer Elite Performance Ammo
Results - All 6 Magazines FTE-Random times from 1st Shot to round 13 in Magazine)

Test 2
Clean, Lubricated gun (Boretech gun Lube)
x2 1 year old magazines
x1 New Magazine
New Magazine
Results - All 3 Magazines FTE-Random times from 1st Shot to round 13 in Magazine)

Test 3
Stretched used mag spring for more bullet tention
Results - FTE-Random times

Test 4
Took old Mag, and compressed the mag spring for less tension
Results - FTE-Random times

Test 5
NO MAGAZINE
I inserted a single round into the chamber by hand. (No Magazine in the gun)
Results - FTE 8/10 rounds. 2/10 empty case fell through mag-well

Please Note:
Before every test, I took an old toothbrush to brush away dirt from extractor.
After every FTE, I removed the barrel and inserted the empty case into the chamber to check for clearance. On each occasion, the empty case was loose.
I used Sig Sauer Ammo because on many of the forums, Sig try to blame the ammo manufacturer, and therefore eliminating this argument.
I have shot about 5000 rounds with this pistol in total. 4000 in 2017, and 1000 in 2018. The problem started Late December 2018. I did not change anything with regards to my reloading. Still Using MS200 Powder, 124gn FMJ...

My bet is on one of 2 things: Extractor design issue/spring tension OR recoil spring tension.

My biggest concern is the fact that I use this pistol for Self Defense also, and is NOT reliable.

Our Agent supplied me with another Extractor Kit & a new Recoil Spring. Going to the range today to do more tests...

Andre van Rooyen

Posts: 2 | Location: South Africa | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanna be sure: you know that this forum isn't owned or operated by any representative of SIG, right?

I can't say I've heard of FTE issues with the P320. I'd start by having someone else shoot it to make sure you're not riding the slide or limp wristing. If it continues, call SIG. and if it's not reliable, don't carry it.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am well aware of it. I am only trying to get some opinions on mu issue.
It is not neccesary for me to ask anyone else to shoot with my gun, because I shot about 4k or 5k of rounds without any issues.
As said earlier, I went to the range today with the extra spares supplied by our agent in SA. I replaced the extractor for the 3rd time in 1 month. The previous 2 extractors came from new P320 9mm pistols. The one I fitted to my pistol came drom a .40 caliber. It ran without ANY issues. I emptied about 15 magazines without a problem. As a test, I installed the old original extractor and the 2nd one(also 9mm and new). Result- first magazine, 2nd shot I got a FTE again.

According to me, the 9mm and 40 extractors are the same...but... it solved my problem, and I can have a good night's sleep...

Andre van Rooyen

Posts: 2 | Location: South Africa | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, you described a failure to eject. Which can be induced by a bad extractor, but it is (at least partially) doing its job. If the round is getting extracted but not ejected, I'd start looking at other potential causes in addition to the extractor. That includes the recoil spring, the ammo, and the shooter. And if changing the extractor isn't getting satisfactory results, I would stop using your agent and get the pistol into SIGs hands.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
It is possible you got a bad batch of ammo... BTW your photos didn't come through.

I"d suggest you try shooting with several brands of ammo... SIG ammo is good, but any maker can have a bad batch.

This is sort of a long shot but it might work.

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1348 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post