SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How or where do you keep your "bedside" gun?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How or where do you keep your "bedside" gun? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Retired with no kids so a CZ Phantom 18+1 with a laser on the nightstand. There is also a Mossberg 12 gauge 10 feet away in a closet.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 5 G17 with a TLR-7 in the top drawer of my nightstand. Five feet away is a Sig 556xi pistol with a brace. My CCW when not on my person is in my home office. No young children visiting the house.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Glock 34 w/Surefire x300 in a Gun Vault under bed in built-in drawer.

Lately added my Beretta 1301 on closet shelf after recent personal experience leading me to believe second gun upstairs is necessary.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock G30 in hand-safe @ nightstand, Mossberg 500 Combat hung on nail behind HeadBoard.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
AR15 pistol hanging on a peg behind the door. Gets put in the safe if the grand kids are coming over.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FAS1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 55 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ya see the main problem with the FAS1 above is I would want my wife to have the combination, which in itself isn’t a problem. The problem arises when she sees that I have drilled into the furniture to mount it like that..... Then her having access to arms becomes a problem. I like my knees, we have a long history together. I am not ready to part ways with them. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post

Display case next to the bed contains a 12 gauge, suppressed .300BO rifle and a Glock 21.

Additional magazines and 00 shot shells.

When my wife and I leave the house or the grandchildren come over, the weapons are moved to the safe.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLD_COP:
I go to the mattress like my Italian forbearers, i.e. between the mattress and box spring with the butt exposed.

"That's Amore"

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FAS1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Ya see the main problem with the FAS1 above is I would want my wife to have the combination, which in itself isn’t a problem. The problem arises when she sees that I have drilled into the furniture to mount it like that..... Then her having access to arms becomes a problem. I like my knees, we have a long history together. I am not ready to part ways with them. Smile

Smile There are options you know. Gotta keep the wife happy! Wink

Posts: 55 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Suppressed g17 on the bedside table, and suppressed/sbr 300 blackout next to the end table. When I leave for the day they just go in the safe. If I'm coming and going all day, then just my carry gun is out. No kids, so the safe is open when I'm home. The dogs are more interested in raiding the fridge than the gun safe (yes they have actually opened my fridge and freezer).

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun magnet screwed to the back of the night stand.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Shotgun under bed on my side and a pistol and flashlight on my nightstand next to me. My wife has her pistol under the bed on her side. We do not have kids so I have no worries about having them locked up.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
In a holster on my nightstand.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
1911 .45 with a light on it, kept in a key/combination lockbox mounted on the bed frame. When I go to be it comes out of the box and onto the headboard in easy reach. When I feel moved to get a shotgun out of the safe (18" Rem 870) it leans in the corner next to the bed.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLD_COP:
I go to the mattress like my Italian forbearers, i.e. between the mattress and box spring with the butt exposed.

That's how my dad used to do it. And he wasn't even Italian. Wink

With no kids around to worry about I just leave my EDC and a Surefire flashlight on the bed-height shelf above adjacent side drawers (serves like a nightstand even though it isn't) of our platform bed, one of those 80s vintage Scandinavian designs with the mongo vertical headboard/cabinets/drawer wall unit that the bed tucks into. Even has a pair of under-the-platform drawers, convenient for keeping a Shockwave, AR pistol or MPX loitering about. Those are secured in a nearby safe when the house is left unattended, which isn't often these days.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Nightstand drawer.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
870 next to the bed. A Glock to back it up in a lock box.

When the kids are around the 870 has a chamber lock in it until I go to bed.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
In the passenger seat (or on the nightstand when the passenger seat is occupied Wink )

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post