SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How or where do you keep your "bedside" gun?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How or where do you keep your "bedside" gun? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Looking for a way to keep it handy at night. There is no need for me to keep it locked up.

What do you do or recommend?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Just off to the side.....of my sleeping arrangement....some might call it a bed if you will. Razz

In all seriousness nightstand, locked in a simplex style safe.

Even if you have no prescient need to lock up your gun I still suggest having the facility to do so, as there are many times we have people in our houses that we may want to secure arms from. Sorry if I sound preachy.

But basically light/gun/mags in the nightstand.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Why not just leave it on the nightstand then?

I have kids, so my bedside pistol lives in this in the top drawer of my nightstand...

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No kids , shotty next to the nightstand.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Shotgun in the corner, next to it is soft body armor with two extra ammo cards (slug and 00buck)-gun is loaded with five #4 buck.

Glock 19 on the nightstand.

Mrs. Mike has a coach gun behind the headboard.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11277 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
... I keep it beside the bed.

Handgun goes from holster to nightstand, then nightstand back to holster the next day.

Also, when I'm home, the safe with the other main defensive long guns is left open. Before I leave the house, it gets shut and locked.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Under the pillow adjacent to mine...

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I have teenagers in the house still so this is the best solution I have found to have both handguns and long guns at the ready.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top drawer of nightstand. It goes in the vault during the day.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Glock 31 in nightstand drawer, ready to grab and go. Mossberg 12ga Shockwave mounted to side of bed within reach.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
My "bedside" gun is also my carry gun, so if it's not on me then it's holstered on the corner of the bed next to my phone when I sleep, or on my computer desk if I am awake at home.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm like Rogue, what's on my hip goes on the nightstand beside the bed and back in the holster in the AM.
AR is in the room and gets locked up before I leave.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before I had a kid, mine just sat in a nightstand. Now it's in a Fort Knox pistol box.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Both myself and my wife carry from sunup to sundown. Then our EDC gun goes on our respective nightstands. We have a holster that the gun slips into while on the nightstand - that way we don't have to unthread/unhook our carry holster.

No kids, so this has worked for us for the past 35 years. If we had kids, we would have looked into getting a Gun Vault type system (or similar brand). All other guns are locked in the safe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have a dedicated P320 for bedside duty. Its in a GunVault handgun safe on the floor beside the head of my side of the bed.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benelli SuperNova clipped to the rail of the bed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When home, I use the nightstand drawer, next to me. It's full of jumk and doesn't closem makng a shelf. Pistols and the spare magazine sit on top. I keep it just out of reach. I don't want to be picking it up when not awake enough to think and act. I also keep the pistols covered up; I don't want them to be immediately apparent should some enter the room before I'm ready. A flashlight is close by, along with spare magazines.

And a shotgun.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
on the nightstand. my kids are good (13 and 17).
they have their own guns if anyone gets past me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I keep a handgun and a long gun and a few extra loaded mags for each in a safe under the bed.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go to the mattress like my Italian forbearers, i.e. between the mattress and box spring with the butt exposed.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post