Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^^^^^^
I am in the second camp as it relates to SIG hammer fired pistols.

Aside from silly sight issues, they just don’t break and you never hear of mechanical issues.

It’s widely known around here that I am a big fan of the SP2022.

But wait.... If it has a long extractor it's complete crap I thought?

I've shot Triple SN and Exeter SIGs. I love them all, but I really want a Lysons Gorner or a Herndon stamped 226, just because it's where I live. Pretty stupid I know, still want one none the less.

Not for me. I have zero issue with the long extractor, and have seen exactly two break in the years since the long extractor hit the shelves. SIGs hammer fired guns are as good (these days) as they have ever been.

People obsess over finish at times, I guess I can sort of see their point, sort of. (With a gun that costs what a P226 does, it is completely proper to expect the finish to be flawless. But, frankly, SIG has NEVER put a gun out that fit the bill.) I had a '95 model P226 that I ran about 70k through back in the day. The finish on it was crap after the first six months. Same gun (and a P220 I carried for a while on duty) would develop light surface rust in the duty holster during humid, rainy periods. The finish on the old guns are not as mystical and magical as many want to remember it as being. But, let a newer SIG pistol have a spot the size of a pin head and OMG the END IS NIGH!!!!

The old guns broke too. Small parts breakage happened. I'd venture to say with the dreaded MIM, the rate of breakage may be a little better than what it used to be. The internet carries bad information, even if not true at a fast rate. When was the last time you heard of anyone complain about a mechanically broken Legion or MK25? I mean really?

If people feel better about buying an old gun because it is a WEST GERMAN gun made by garden gnomes and pixies with magic and love, ok so be it. I won't because there is no performance value in the older guns over the new guns. The older guns mostly cost more because of the stigma attached with new American guns. This is largely, I think, in part because of the shit show the striker fired guns and the PR mess that is attached to them. People are wary of SIG because of the litany of striker fired hot wet mess, and I completely get that. But, the hammer fired guns are way different, and have a completely different path than the P320, P365, etc.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
The trip serial numbered SigPro .40 was my "gateway drug" into the world of Sig pistols. Got it at a time when I wanted to start shooting and had very little money to start a new hobby; $400 with night sights. After shooting some of my friends Glocks and XDs, I really started to appreciate the trigger on the SigPro. I'm keeping mine.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 2022 has a German frame and a US slide. This pistol has been shot a lot over the past 10+ years. I used it in some tournament shoots. The trigger is really good. My only gripe is the extended mags with the large butt plates pinch the crap out of your pinky. Other than that one gripe, its a great pistol. Come to think of it, I might roll it into rotation in my console vault and give my P229 a rest.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
Actually, you can use Apex's M&P basepads on a 2022 and it won't pinch.
If you sand the edges down a tad, you'll have a flat basepad that doesn't protrude AND doesn't pinch.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't really have an issue with pinching on the 15 round mags. Its the 17 round +2 mags with the big rubber extension that pinch bad.

These

https://www.topgunsupply.com/m...m-17rd-magazine.html

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post