SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    6" Korth PRS 45ACP
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6" Korth PRS 45ACP Login/Join 
posted
I picked this up a few weeks back. As ugly as it is, they are extremely well built and attention to detail and refinement are incredible. While the lower half is basically a 1911, the upper assembly is completely different. The design is that of a roller delay blowback. This one has a fixed 6" barrel. The trigger is light and crisp.

Korth didn't build many of these and I'm not sure if they're even still in production. This example was built in 2014.

Enjoy the pics. Anybody have one of these?

Posts: 1322 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
God I love your posts.

I think you are my spirit animal. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fantastic addition to the family

I think 2014 is when they were introduced. It was that January that I fired on for the first time. I found it to be beautifully accurate and very easy to shoot

Here is a short KORTH video. Like all things KORTH, it is done with a dramatic flair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTomsQAi10

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Beautiful machine there- congrats!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
What a gorgeous and interesting gun. I'll likely never see one in person...appreciate you sharing the pics! Any chance you could post a photo of the roller delay mechanism?

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW, that is a beast.

I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Very nice pistol. Korth makes great guns. I’m very fond of their revolvers.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Not my cup of tea but I am sure it was exquisitely made.

Posts: 3142 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Very interesting pistol. I wouldn’t say ugly...more “industrial” in design maybe?

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
That needs to be in the movies! Badass pistol. I can see Arnold pulling it out of a shoulder holster...

Posts: 3250 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're ok if you like gorgeous, well built guns and I DO. Very Nice. It's amazing at how tight/well matched the slide to frame fit is from the rear pic.

What kind of finish is on the pistol if I may ask?

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. My pork and beans lifestyle can only drool at your very nice indulgence. I bet it shoots real nice.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Man is that a work of art.

When you say the lower half is basically a 1911, just how similar is it?

Can one interchange 1911 parts, fire control, mags, grips?

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen Korth revolvers before and they are beautiful. I’ve never seen a semi-auto from korth before so thank you for sharing.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only ever seen these "Cort" semis in picture form. A couple of years ago through Google I tried finding a dealer anywhere in the country who actually had a NIB example in any of its barrel configurations in stock...couldn't do it. The Korth USA website hadn't been updated in 15 years or so at the time, making identifying any authorized dealer near impossible at best. Korth had by that time signed up Nighthawk to handle distributing one or two different revolver designs, but nada on the PRS. Seems like a very infrequent gun to come by; congrats on your 'get'.

-MG

Posts: 1973 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
A question for BAC1023,

Do you shoot your firearms (At least the really nice, collectible stuff, that I LOVE when you post) or are they purely collectable industrial art if you will.

I don't ask that in a judgmental way as I can totally see the allure in simple ownership as art. I am just curious if you do run a few rounds through these some times.

As always take care, shoot safe and keep these wonderful toys coming, please and thank you.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
I've only ever seen these "Cort" semis in picture form. A couple of years ago through Google I tried finding a dealer anywhere in the country who actually had a NIB example in any of its barrel configurations in stock...couldn't do it. The Korth USA website hadn't been updated in 15 years or so at the time, making identifying any authorized dealer near impossible at best. Korth had by that time signed up Nighthawk to handle distributing one or two different revolver designs, but nada on the PRS. Seems like a very infrequent gun to come by; congrats on your 'get'.

Korth USA was never affiliated with Korth. They were completely separate. No Nighthawk only brings in revolvers. I don’t even think the PRS is still in production.

Korth made another semi auto back when the shop was in Ratzeburg. I’ve got a couple of those. Unlike the PRS, the early Korth Autopistol used a falling block locking system somewhat similar to the Walther P38. They are extreme high quality.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bac1023,

posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing this. I really like it. Robocop fan here, so kind of looks like what he might have received as a gift from the department on his retirement.

On a serious note, I have question that would be nice if you can answer. I have handled Korth Revolvers, but never have experienced shooting one. So please forgive the following question if it is foolish.

Have you had the opportunity to shoot a classic Sig 220 X6 in 45 ACP from the Mastershop?

If so, how would you compare it to any semi auto Korth's that you may have also shot? Are they even in the same realm of workmanship and accuracy?

Thank you.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
A question for BAC1023,

Do you shoot your firearms (At least the really nice, collectible stuff, that I LOVE when you post) or are they purely collectable industrial art if you will.

I don't ask that in a judgmental way as I can totally see the allure in simple ownership as art. I am just curious if you do run a few rounds through these some times.

As always take care, shoot safe and keep these wonderful toys coming, please and thank you.

Chris

I don't shoot them all. I may out a mag or two through the PRS, but its more of a collectible for me.

I do buy a lot of shooters though. Here are some of my more recent acquisitions for range use.

CZ Shadow 2 Orange

FK BRNO Field Pistol

CZ Czechmate

Phoenix Redback

Atlas Gunworks Hyperion

Sig Sauer P210 Super Target

Salient Strike One

Pardini GT-9

Walther Q5 Match SF Pro

Arex Rex Alpha

Beretta 92X Performance

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4.40s1nine:
Thanks for sharing this. I really like it. Robocop fan here, so kind of looks like what he might have received as a gift from the department on his retirement.

On a serious note, I have question that would be nice if you can answer. I have handled Korth Revolvers, but never have experienced shooting one. So please forgive the following question if it is foolish.

Have you had the opportunity to shoot a classic Sig 220 X6 in 45 ACP from the Mastershop?

If so, how would you compare it to any semi auto Korth's that you may have also shot? Are they even in the same realm of workmanship and accuracy?

Thank you.

Good question for sure. I own many Mastershop pistols and I'm a huge fan. Accuracy wise, some can definitely hang with the PRS or get close. From a workmanship standpoint, Korth is most definitely a few steps above them, as nice as the Sigs are.

Here's my P220 X-Six