6" Korth PRS 45ACP
Love your collection of guns.
January 09, 2021, 01:07 AM
monoblok
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
I've only ever seen these "Cort" semis in picture form. A couple of years ago through Google I tried finding a dealer anywhere in the country who actually had a NIB example in any of its barrel configurations in stock...couldn't do it. The Korth USA website hadn't been updated in 15 years or so at the time, making identifying any authorized dealer near impossible at best. Korth had by that time signed up Nighthawk to handle distributing one or two different revolver designs, but nada on the PRS. Seems like a very infrequent gun to come by; congrats on your 'get'.

Korth USA was never affiliated with Korth. They were completely separate. No Nighthawk only brings in revolvers. I don’t even think the PRS is still in production.

Korth made another semi auto back when the shop was in Ratzeburg. I’ve got a couple of those. Unlike the PRS, the early Korth Autopistol used a falling block locking system somewhat similar to the Walther P38. They are extreme high quality.

Ah the Autopistol; it is one that I have seen in the 'flesh' and had the opportunity to hold, though that happened many years back. It was the gun that got me interested in Korth as a brand.

Korth's German website still shows the PRS so perhaps it's still attainable, albeit through non-obvious channels. Someone like EuroOptic who often brings in non-US market guns (though they themselves primarily focus on long guns) might be the sort of importer to do something like this if Nighthawk won't do it themselves. Them being a 1911 maker I can understand Nighthawk's resistance to marketing someone else's take on a 1911-style pistol. Don't like it, but I do understand.

-MG
January 09, 2021, 01:50 PM
bac1023
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
I've only ever seen these "Cort" semis in picture form. A couple of years ago through Google I tried finding a dealer anywhere in the country who actually had a NIB example in any of its barrel configurations in stock...couldn't do it. The Korth USA website hadn't been updated in 15 years or so at the time, making identifying any authorized dealer near impossible at best. Korth had by that time signed up Nighthawk to handle distributing one or two different revolver designs, but nada on the PRS. Seems like a very infrequent gun to come by; congrats on your 'get'.

Korth USA was never affiliated with Korth. They were completely separate. No Nighthawk only brings in revolvers. I don’t even think the PRS is still in production.

Korth made another semi auto back when the shop was in Ratzeburg. I’ve got a couple of those. Unlike the PRS, the early Korth Autopistol used a falling block locking system somewhat similar to the Walther P38. They are extreme high quality.

Ah the Autopistol; it is one that I have seen in the 'flesh' and had the opportunity to hold, though that happened many years back. It was the gun that got me interested in Korth as a brand.

Korth's German website still shows the PRS so perhaps it's still attainable, albeit through non-obvious channels. Someone like EuroOptic who often brings in non-US market guns (though they themselves primarily focus on long guns) might be the sort of importer to do something like this if Nighthawk won't do it themselves. Them being a 1911 maker I can understand Nighthawk's resistance to marketing someone else's take on a 1911-style pistol. Don't like it, but I do understand.

Korth changed ownership and location before Nighthawk became their importer. I still don't think Korth is building more PRS pistols. They may have some in stock, but the dates all seem to say 2014-2016.

I have a couple Korth Ratzeburg revolvers from the 70's and 80's, but the Nighthawk imported models don't appeal to me.

January 10, 2021, 10:51 AM
sigspecops
That's a tasteful collection of firearms you have there. They are far out of my meager budget but I love seeing examples of craftsmanship and quality like that.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
January 10, 2021, 11:24 AM
cslinger
Do have a Manurhin revolver for comparison? If so how do they compare to the Korth’s.

I’ve handled Korths but never seen a Manurhin in person.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
January 10, 2021, 05:23 PM
bac1023
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Do have a Manurhin revolver for comparison? If so how do they compare to the Korth’s.

I’ve handled Korths but never seen a Manurhin in person.

Yes, I have a couple commercial MR73's. They are very nice revolvers. I tend to prefer them over the Korths, as they have a bit more character to them. Korths are mechanical perfection.

January 10, 2021, 05:29 PM
cslinger
Thank you sir.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
January 11, 2021, 07:20 AM
BillyBonesNY
bac1023, thanks for sharing... I have always loved Korth firearms.

True works of the Industrial Arts.
Beautiful!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org
January 16, 2021, 07:05 AM
bac1023
Thanks guys

Glad you liked it Cool
January 16, 2021, 02:49 PM
4.40s1nine
Thanks for the comparison to the Sig X-6 bac1023. That is high praise indeed for the Korth. Your information is more helpful than you might realize.

I've always tried shooting a sample of any gun that I am considering purchasing. However, I have definitely found that it gets harder to be able to do that once you start looking at firearms that are on a certain level. Even when you have friends that share the same interests, it can be difficult.

If I am ever fortunate enough to come across a Korth at the right time, your reply, pictures, and obvious experiences will likely play a large part in any decision I might make. Thanks for that.

When I looked through your recent finds with my wife, I laughed out loud and told her this person has the same DNA as me. Even though I know better (I think), I told her you must be a long lost twin that had been separated at birth.

She is from Italy and really enjoyed your Pardini. She really likes their different .22 handguns. She also liked quite a few of the others. She wondered aloud if you were from Italy as well. I think the Atlas was a very close second to the Paridini for her.

I do hope you will post a quick range report on a couple of those finds. I would love to get your impressions on the Hyperion, the Strike One, and the Arex sometime down the road if possible. Keep up the great photos and excellent posts. It's been very enjoyable, thank you very much.
January 16, 2021, 05:28 PM
Houndog
bac - I only have two questions for you.

1. Do you have children?

2. Any interest in adopting a 62 year old man?

Really beautiful selection of guns btw.
January 17, 2021, 01:33 PM
1s1k
On your first pic of the Korth is that a weight at the end and is it removable? Phenomenal collection. Congrats!
January 17, 2021, 05:23 PM
bac1023
quote:
Originally posted by 4.40s1nine:
Thanks for the comparison to the Sig X-6 bac1023. That is high praise indeed for the Korth. Your information is more helpful than you might realize.

I've always tried shooting a sample of any gun that I am considering purchasing. However, I have definitely found that it gets harder to be able to do that once you start looking at firearms that are on a certain level. Even when you have friends that share the same interests, it can be difficult.

If I am ever fortunate enough to come across a Korth at the right time, your reply, pictures, and obvious experiences will likely play a large part in any decision I might make. Thanks for that.

When I looked through your recent finds with my wife, I laughed out loud and told her this person has the same DNA as me. Even though I know better (I think), I told her you must be a long lost twin that had been separated at birth.

She is from Italy and really enjoyed your Pardini. She really likes their different .22 handguns. She also liked quite a few of the others. She wondered aloud if you were from Italy as well. I think the Atlas was a very close second to the Paridini for her.

I do hope you will post a quick range report on a couple of those finds. I would love to get your impressions on the Hyperion, the Strike One, and the Arex sometime down the road if possible. Keep up the great photos and excellent posts. It's been very enjoyable, thank you very much.

Glad you both liked the Pardini. I'm not from Italy, but I am mostly Italian. The Pardini GT-9 is one of my favorite shooters and I own a few of them.

The Pardini GT Series have aluminum frames, but they actually offered an all stainless steel model for a short time called the GT-9 Inox. They were Pardini's finest work and hand finished by the founder of the company himself. They only made 40 of them according to Pardini, some 5" and some 6".

I was on the hunt for one for many years and finally got it with the help of a good importer friend. They all have the gold plated triggers. Mine is #2

Anyway, I have a lot of high end Italian pistols. Ever hear of a Delta Top Gun? Check them out on YouTube.

January 17, 2021, 05:28 PM
bac1023
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
On your first pic of the Korth is that a weight at the end and is it removable? Phenomenal collection. Congrats!

Its removable, yes, but only for field stripping purposes. Otherwise you'll just have a barrel sticking out the end of the slide and no front sight.

Thank you on the collection, but that's only a very small fraction. I've been collecting high end pistols for 20 years and have been very fortunate in that regard.
January 18, 2021, 07:39 PM
Fusternc
Stunning! Truly a work of art. Congrats!!
January 20, 2021, 02:51 PM
bac1023

January 21, 2021, 12:10 AM
4.40s1nine
I told my wife that she had been right with her guess. She just laughed and said something to the effect that Italians can recognize each other anywhere in the world due to their innate sense of style and fashion.

I am a big sucker for all stainless guns. That Inox is so sweet. I can definitely understand searching for that. The finish on that is so nice to look at. That's a great shot of the grip and rear sight. What type of wood did they use for those grips?

I love the additional information about the hand finishing done by the founder. It makes me wonder and want to know what they were thinking about as they worked on it. Their love for their craft and creation is very apparent to me.

I had not heard of Delta Top Gun. Thanks for that, I will certainly look into them as I love learning about new things. Those are very intriguing just at first glance. I like them both, but I would love to see what they looked like with the slides switched with each other. The shape of the trigger guard is very distinctive and elegant. I feel like I just had dessert.

And we have Aliens among us. What color is the lower frame? The lines on that are mesmerizing, and I can't believe how well those grip panels (I am guessing) blend in.

I want you to know that this has been a wonderful way to spend the past hour or so. Staring at your pictures while reading and thinking about all that goes into these incredible creations, has put a big smile on my face and my wife's as well. Thank you very much for that bac1023.
January 21, 2021, 05:26 PM
djpaintles
Best thread I've seen in a while!

I love to see stuff I've never seen before.

Thanks Bac!!!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
January 21, 2021, 06:09 PM
bac1023
quote:
Originally posted by 4.40s1nine:
I told my wife that she had been right with her guess. She just laughed and said something to the effect that Italians can recognize each other anywhere in the world due to their innate sense of style and fashion.

I am a big sucker for all stainless guns. That Inox is so sweet. I can definitely understand searching for that. The finish on that is so nice to look at. That's a great shot of the grip and rear sight. What type of wood did they use for those grips?

I love the additional information about the hand finishing done by the founder. It makes me wonder and want to know what they were thinking about as they worked on it. Their love for their craft and creation is very apparent to me.

I had not heard of Delta Top Gun. Thanks for that, I will certainly look into them as I love learning about new things. Those are very intriguing just at first glance. I like them both, but I would love to see what they looked like with the slides switched with each other. The shape of the trigger guard is very distinctive and elegant. I feel like I just had dessert.

And we have Aliens among us. What color is the lower frame? The lines on that are mesmerizing, and I can't believe how well those grip panels (I am guessing) blend in.

I want you to know that this has been a wonderful way to spend the past hour or so. Staring at your pictures while reading and thinking about all that goes into these incredible creations, has put a big smile on my face and my wife's as well. Thank you very much for that bac1023.

The two Delta's are not interchangeable. The designs are slightly different, one being a steel frame side eject and the other an aluminum frame top eject, among some other differences.

Here's some more exotic Italian gun pictures for you and the wife from Benelli and Bernardelli...

February 04, 2021, 08:35 PM
lenny
Very, very nice..

I thought I had a good collection - until I saw yours !