SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    92fs rear sight ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

92fs rear sight ? Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know if the "dot the I" style rear sight will shoot POA/POI on a standard 92. I am not a 3 dot fan. Assuming yes, but would like confirmation.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
That's how we taught it in the service.

at 25 yards the POA was the POI with standard 9mm NATO rounds...

for the country guys we called it "pumpkin on a post"

for the suburban guys we called it" golfball on a tee"

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
My 92FS shot to POA with impact at the top of the front sight. My new 92 brig hits very low. YMMV

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Does anyone know if the "dot the I" style rear sight will shoot POA/POI on a standard 92. I am not a 3 dot fan. Assuming yes, but would like confirmation.

As others have said, yes. POA is POI with your sights.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best advice I gave while
Instructing soldiers is to ignore the stupid dots- color them
Over with a black marker. Equal height equal
Light on the sights is the alignment that
Puts you
Poi/poa dots are just as often or not regulated to hit a specific point when aligned. I have seen a number of pistols ( my glock 42 being a prime example) if you bring the dot on the front sight into the middle of your sight picture the front sight top edge is rather high
Over level with the rear. I also trouble shooted for a guy at my club trying to figure out why his gun shot so high- sure enough he was focusing on the dot in the middle of his sight picture which brought the top of the front sight high out of alignment with the rear. Ignoring the dot and aligning the sights brought him
Back center.

Posts: 3288 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post