SIGforum
Tanfoglio Elite Limited 9mm: Pure Italian Sexiness **updated with range report page 1**

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3920044214

March 05, 2017, 11:10 AM
Gary1911A1
Tanfoglio Elite Limited 9mm: Pure Italian Sexiness **updated with range report page 1**
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Just picked up a Witness Elite Match 10mm. Anybody know what holsters will work for this gun?

Bladetech makes holsters for the Elite Series.
http://shop.blade-tech.com/ind...vouo490#.WLxF-xiZPBI
March 05, 2017, 02:55 PM
JBird679
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Dusty, I've been interested in that Witness Elite Limited since you posted this. I have been doing some reading and it appears that it can be difficult to find mags that fit the extended magwell and that are reliable when shooting. Have you bought any aftermarket mags? It seems they only come with one.

So large frame OEM mags work but you have to buy the silver base pads separately. The base pads are $20 and the mags are $15 at CDNN. If you get a stock 3 the all you need is the $15 oem mags and they work perfectly.

Thanks, so the base pads cost more than the mags, and together they are right up there in cost with Sig mags! Have you actually tried them, any feeding issues? I read about some issues getting aftermarket mags to feed properly, folks were trying MecGars and several others and not having good results, and EAA would not import the factory ones.

I may end up getting the Stock 2 which looks almost like the same gun, except:
- 4.5" barrel instead of 4.75"
- No extended magwell (and thus no need for special bottom plates on the mags)
- not drilled for an optic (not a deal breaker for me)
- DA/SA instead of SAO (might actually be a bonus for me)
- black controls instead of chrome (very unfortunate!)

Best prices I'm seeing right now are about $870 for the Stock 2 and $1080 for the Elite Limited.
March 05, 2017, 07:58 PM
Dusty78
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Dusty, I've been interested in that Witness Elite Limited since you posted this. I have been doing some reading and it appears that it can be difficult to find mags that fit the extended magwell and that are reliable when shooting. Have you bought any aftermarket mags? It seems they only come with one.

So large frame OEM mags work but you have to buy the silver base pads separately. The base pads are $20 and the mags are $15 at CDNN. If you get a stock 3 the all you need is the $15 oem mags and they work perfectly.

Thanks, so the base pads cost more than the mags, and together they are right up there in cost with Sig mags! Have you actually tried them, any feeding issues? I read about some issues getting aftermarket mags to feed properly, folks were trying MecGars and several others and not having good results, and EAA would not import the factory ones.

I may end up getting the Stock 2 which looks almost like the same gun, except:
- 4.5" barrel instead of 4.75"
- No extended magwell (and thus no need for special bottom plates on the mags)
- not drilled for an optic (not a deal breaker for me)
- DA/SA instead of SAO (might actually be a bonus for me)
- black controls instead of chrome (very unfortunate!)

Best prices I'm seeing right now are about $870 for the Stock 2 and $1080 for the Elite Limited.

The CDNN ones are factory I thought. They look exactly like the the ones that came with the gun. No issues. I personally like the SAO better. I am probably going to convert my Stock 3 to SAO with factory parts.

March 06, 2017, 12:28 PM
454gun
Beautiful guns .
March 06, 2017, 02:43 PM
kingfish007
Nice gun. Do you think the new Xtreme version is worth $800 more?
March 06, 2017, 03:56 PM
Dbltap
Very nice. That sexy raven haired bambolina really trips my trigger.
March 06, 2017, 05:01 PM
Dusty78
quote:
Originally posted by kingfish007:
Nice gun. Do you think the new Xtreme version is worth $800 more?

I've never held one but the color scheme is not my cup of tea. I really like the limited elite. Dunno how much better it can get