SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Drop tested my Glock 43 today!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drop tested my Glock 43 today!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Not on purpose mind you.
Could not have had more of a perfect storm for it to happen. I am kind of guessing as to what happened to make it come out but I am pretty sure this is what occurred.
I was doing an oil change so I had the van up on ramps so the drivers area was a ways higher than normal. It was the initial start after fill up so I very quickly. Spun left and jumped out. Pretty sure my shirt caught on my left as I pivoted pulling my the right side of my shirt which caught the c clip of my holster allowing to unlatch from my belt then as the shirt continued to pull popped it right out of the waistband.
I felt it pull out as I hit the ground I saw the gun bounce off the drivers seat and onto the driveway. I am not sure if it hit the front of the grip extension on the magazine bounced then hit onto the back of the grip of the gun or visa versa. As that is where the damage to the plastic on each is.

Thankfully it did not go boom.

So perfect storm, van up in the, me exiting in an unusual twisting and fast movement, and shirt caught jus right on both sides.

Has me reevaluating the C clip. I am in a temporary kydex Holster until my R Grizzle is here.
I have carried IWB for 12 years with a J clip prior to this with zero issues.
Think I ordered the R Grizzle with a C clip if memory serves me right. May have to look for a J Clip.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd just chalk it up to random stuff happens. Only time I ever dropped a gun in over 20 years of carrying was about 19 years ago when meeting my future FIL for the first time. We got started talking guns, one thing led to another. I planned to carefully remove my CCW (Para Ord P-13), clear and show it to him, it snagged on my shirt and went plunk!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Was your FIL impressed? Wink

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, very. Roll Eyes Took awhile to live that down.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Let that be a lesson to all the people in the 320 threads who said they didn't intend to drop their gun. Wink

Poop happens. Thank you for the story.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Drop tested my gen 4 19 last week. Came home and was swapping a few things out at the safe and rushed it. My holstered pistol fell from the top of the safe to the concrete floor and landed on the rear of the slide with the muzzle pointed at me, almost a six foot drop. I was actually looking straight down at the muzzle looking straight up at me when it hit. Nothing happened. I was glad.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I dropped my G26 a few weeks ago. I set it (in a kydex holster) on top of my laptop on the nightstand, and the slope of the lid of the laptop must have been enough for it to slide off. It fell about 3 feet onto the laminate floor, thankfully no discharge. Scared the crap out of me, though.

Black, I've also had some issues with C clips on Kydex holsters, and tend to agree that they're not ideal. Without going into detail, I was in a situation at work while in plain clothes where I had to draw my off-duty piece (G26 in a cheap kydex IWB holster), and the holster came right out with the gun...clip slipped right over the belt. Thankfully I was in a situation where I had time to reach up with my off-hand and rip the holster off, but that might not always be the case. I believe the J hooks to be a better option.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dropped a Beretta 92 Compact L once. I was walking down the hall and heading to the bedroom preparing sack out one night. I pulled the Beretta out of its IWB leather holster and it slid right out of my hand dropping three or four feet onto wood laminate flooring. I had always been told if a gun drops to let it drop because grabbing for it may make things worse so I just stood there like an idiot and watched it tumble and skid along the floor. Thankfully nothing happened and I learned a valuable lesson that night; the plastic grips most pistols come with are absolute crap and you would be well served to get G10s or Talon grips on all your pistols.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock plastic front sights don't hold up well to concrete. Had to replace a broken frt. sight on my Gen 2 Glock 21.

Posts: 112 | Registered: May 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Happy for you, and the other posters, that nothing damaging happened. One circumstance that causes a gun to fall out of the holster is going to the toilet to drop a duece. After going into the stall the CCW'er undoes the belt and unbuttons the pants while the pistol is still in the IWB holster. The relief of tension allows the top of the pants to flop outwards and the pistol falls out of the holster muzzle-up.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Pfft...amateurs....you guys need a bag like this when you visit the mens' room:

quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Happy for you, and the other posters, that nothing damaging happened. One circumstance that causes a gun to fall out of the holster is going to the toilet to drop a duece. After going into the stall the CCW'er undoes the belt and unbuttons the pants while the pistol is still in the IWB holster. The relief of tension allows the top of the pants to flop outwards and the pistol falls out of the holster muzzle-up.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post