SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 California rear sight screw size
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 California rear sight screw size Login/Join 
posted
I recently found my rear sight drifting and realized the screw was missing. After talking with customer service they sent out a new sight stating a screw would be included. Guess what, it wasn't. Their suggestion was for me to send the slide in, but it would be a minimum of 3 weeks to get it fixed. That's not acceptable so I figured I would just buy one. Guess what, they can't tell me what size it is.

I tried metric but they did not fit. Does anyone know the size of this screw?

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Take the slide with you to the hardware store and get the one that fits.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who made your 1911 and what type or brand rear sight is on your gun? Sorry, I am not clear on that point.

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being this is a forum for signs I thought it was implied that it was a sig. None the less I did take it to a ox store it the did not carry anything that small.

Fortunately I remembered about a place that sells machining supplies and found it there

Turns out it is a standard 5-40 1/4 of anyone needs to know

Thanks for the help

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post