SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Custom Shop Turnaround Time?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Custom Shop Turnaround Time? Login/Join 
Picture of Seayall
posted
So I just wanted to see what other folks saw for turnaround time on gun service. I sent my 228 in back in December 20th for the following services.
Sig Service Package
Action Enhancement
Short reset trigger

Anyway I still have not got the gun back and when I called customer service they really could not tell me anything. Does it normally take this amount of time to get work done?

Thanks.....

Posts: 681 | Location: Cape Coral, FL | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seayall:
So I just wanted to see what other folks saw for turnaround time on gun service. I sent my 228 in back in December 20th for the following services.
Sig Service Package
Action Enhancement
Short reset trigger

Anyway I still have not got the gun back and when I called customer service they really could not tell me anything. Does it normally that this amount of time to get work done?...

No. Usually 2 weeks. Three weeks max, for such routine works.
Never send your SIG in for work to be done around the holiday season. Wink

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I've sent a number of guns (+/-10) into the custom shop for service and they've all come back within a couple of weeks (some 10 days door to door). That's even having a few of their slides refinished. Most of mine were for the 'Full Service Package', so the Action Enhancement may add a little time.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 days for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Some businesses may shut down for a week or two during the holidays, not just days. The custom shop did work for me in about ten days.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
They may be backlogged also due to getting ready for SHOT??

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post