SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Lipsey’s is Selling a “Retro” Glock 17 – “P80”
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lipsey’s is Selling a “Retro” Glock 17 – “P80” Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I imagine this was just a matter of time, but it does looks pretty cool.

First Shots: Glock P80 Pistol Released By Lipseys

The P80 is the model name given to the GLOCK 17 by the Austrian Military. The P80 or Pistole 80 is the first pistol GLOCK ever delivered to a military organization. The reintroduced GLOCK P80 is the same as a GLOCK model 17 Gen 1 pistol except for the rollmark indicating "P80" on the left side of the slide and internal upgrades. In my opinion, the GLOCK P80 is GLOCK in its purest from. It was the pistol that introduced us to GLOCK.
For those who want to know the differences between the new P80 and an original Model 17 Gen 1 here are the details:
The P80’s have polygonal rifling.
The trigger mechanism is the same as the Gen 3 which is basically the same as the Gen 1.
It will work with any generation of magazines. It comes with Gen 3 mags
Sights are the same as a Gen 3 pistol. All generations of sights are basically the same.
The new P80's do not have the 13.5mm “pencil barrel” like the very first P80’s. Late manufactured P80’s, around 1986 and later, had the thicker 14mm barrel.
GLOCK made a new extractor that is flat like the originals for the new P80’s.
GLOCK made a new mold that duplicates the original Gen 1 mold. The original had been re-purposed in the early 90’s.
The "Tupperware" box is a Gen3 style box.

https://glockcollectorsassocia...ews/glock-p80-vs-g17

https://glockcollectorsassocia...new-glock-p80-pistol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I have to say, that looks pretty cool.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty neat. Of course all of the guns are "allocated", meaning that unless your favorite dealer has an "in" with Lipsey's, you probably aren't going to see one in a LGS display case anytime soon. With Lipsey's those allocated guns usually are "rewarded" (i.e., those that are 'given the honor' of buying them Roll Eyes ) to high volume buyers; sad to say our shop has not been one of those privileged ones since we shifted most of our buying to other distributors that offer better terms and financial perks. Not that we were offered a lot of allocated guns even when we buying a lot of inventory from Lipsey's. Quite the racket distributors have with those allocation plans...

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Wonder how many they're manufacturing?

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Want

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4191 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’m not even REALLY a Glock guy but I love stuff like this.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not for me, but still kinda cool.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wrong box. Double wrong box. No thanks

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Got to hand it to the guys at Lipsey’s once again with coming up with ideas and/or listening to the shooting public on forums for their dealer exclusives ideas.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not for me either. It is neat but it really doesn't hold anything special for me, as a shooter or a "collectable",per se.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Very nice! Wonder how many they're manufacturing?

NRA/Shooting Illustrated Article says 10,000 units total. 5000 released this month and 5,000 next month.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ll have to have a few.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I may snag one. I wonder if they have the original Tennifer finish?

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
I may snag one. I wonder if they have the original Tennifer finish?

Nope. Around 10:55 in the vid they talk about this.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heck I still use my Gen 1 as a range gun. Duty and backup gun for 4 years wife's beside for 15 I've gotten my moneys worth out of it...VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's really close to my first Glock. I was an early adopter of the platform so there is a bit of nostalgia there for me.

But I still don't want one.

I just can't get worked up about a Glock as a collectable. It doesn't have the emotional pull for me some other guns do.

To each there own.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I think it’s pretty cool.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quite the racket distributors have with those allocation plans...

It's not a racket, it's common relationship building practice. If you have a customer who buys nothing but guns from you, absolutely cherry picks the best stuff and never gives you any business in parts or accessories, why sell them a gun that you can sell to anybody? People take care of those that take care of them, and are easy to do business with.

When times are slow do you throw your rep a bone? Do you ever place an order without being called? Do you pay on time? Buy programs during program season? Do you do your Glock Stocking Dealer with Lipsey's? It's not all about volume.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
Want

This, absolutely. My Gen 1 17 is my favorite pistol.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I’ll have to have a few.

I knew I could count on you to be in this thread. Big Grin

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post