SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 - 1,000 rds fired in 13 minutes....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 - 1,000 rds fired in 13 minutes.... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
Mac just posted a subsequent video showing some minor damage to the frame, from that test. The gun still worked just fine. Yeager did the similar Glock test which melted the guide rod. It's not something I would put my guns through but it is interesting to see what a gun can handle.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Worthless tests

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
1000 rounds, meh. Wink

5000 colpi Sig pro
https://youtu.be/wWxtXFy9FSQ

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Worthless tests

MAC mentions his tests are not scientific or intended to be anything other than entertainment value.

Take them at face value.

But it is interesting to see the gun put through paces that I would never try with one I had paid $$$ for.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I would like to see him do some tests on pistols submerged in eel slime. Because you just never know when you might run into that.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I would like to see him do some tests on pistols submerged in eel slime. Because you just never know when you might run into that.

Too right!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

What is the best LPI front strap checkering to keep you in the fight after eel slime immersion?

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Fish scale texture, obviously.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Or maybe shark skin with some tooth tips.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
I usually watch MAC's videos with plenty of grains of salt nearby and handy. His "Elements" torture tests made me laugh, as I know no one with any sense of reason that would continually drop his weapon into water, then dirt, then sand, then mud and then commence a firefight. The fact an Arex "passed" it only means to me that it probably has the tolerances of a well shot out WWII 1911. In other words, you could read "To Kill a Mockingbird" through the gaps in its slide and frame.

However, I have to say I actually thought this test had a bit of merit to it, only for seeing what extreme heat might do. I don't own any poly-strikers, probably never will, but it was interesting.

I remember years ago reading in a 1991 American Handgunner Annual that Frank James did a 10K round torture test on a S&W 3rd Gen 1006, and it survived. I think they used Winchester 175 grain Silvertips. Now THAT was a torture test, because those rounds used to be a bit hotter than they are now.

It's also interesting to note that the French National Gendarmerie tested the SigPro with 250K rounds before declaring the SP2022 the winner. Wonder if there was any 'meltage' in that frame....

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Actually the Arex supposedly had tighter tolerances in the slide/frame fit than the Legion according to MAC. He did a 2nd video where he talked about that. Reference the French Police tests the 250,000 rounds was multiple guns.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is more to the video. Some missed damage was observed on the frame

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueinterceptor:
There is more to the video. Some missed damage was observed on the frame

Yes as mentioned in the first reply to this thread.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/eXj-xbrFqtk

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Update huh? How convenient to get his You Tube views increased needing another video. Roll Eyes

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
This is a stupid stunt.

If you need to fire 1000 rounds in 13 minutes, you use your pistol to fight your way to a weapon capable of doing that.

Can we be honest about the role of a pistol, and test it as such? 1000 rounds in 13 minutes is irrelevant.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Realistically I would guess any pistol use would be from a clean gun and be a mag or less in ammo expenditure.

That being said, as long as it's not my gun, I enjoy the various abuse tests for both their entertainment value as well as both an indicator of a potential weak spot or accelerated wear type thing.

For example gun x might have issues with whatever (mud or something) that gets traced back to maybe needing more or less lubrication on a given part (greasing a rotating barrel lug or some such)

At the end of the day I just get a chuckle out of the abuse and mud and crap flying everywhere and the fact everybody gets their panties in a wad over a sample size of one or getz the sadz because their sample of their brand happen to poop the bed that day.

I mean if you haven't seen a brand of gun choke you haven't been doing this long. They all go tits up in some way or another and can do so from something as random as a few specs of unburnt powder in the wrong place. All of em.

Ok except maybe a Makarov but I digress. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I don't see much harm in people doing tests like these. They're interesting and somewhat entertaining to me. Anyone who draws cast-in-stone conclusions from these is plain gullible. But I do wonder at just how tough and reliable product designs are (not just guns), and in these kinds of tests we see things that might not otherwise ever be exposed.

Hell, someone at Springfield or their partner Hrvatski Samokres did even worse to the XDS (and probably to all of their models), which is how they found out about that gun's potential future problem with the trigger mechanism separating from the grip safety, and the real possibility of the gun developing issues with slam and burst fire. While it's not very likely that any civilian will put the countless thousands of rounds needed to create this problem through a pistol that small, it still remains a possibility however remote. And Springfield in this instance bellied up to the bar with a fix, albeit making it optional and not mandatory.

Things we may glean from these internet exhibitions we should probably take with a grain of salt, but at times there's truly useful info lurking.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Oh and just 1000 rounds? SP2022 did 5000. It was just getting warmed up at around 1000.

posted Hide Post
What I did find interesting was that the lubrication lasted through the test. The heat was tremendous and lasted

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post