SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your subcompact
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your subcompact Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not in the list but, I am switching to a Beretta APX Carry.

Had a G42 but, I wanted a little more poop. Had a G43 for a while just did not warm up to that thing.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
well, I couldn't vote twice but in my case, I could have voted 3 times.

I have carried a Walther 9x19 PPS since they came out. I have carried a J frame Airweight 38 or a Colt Agent for decades.

Recently, I bought a P365, though I haven't mastered it yet. I shot it last week and I was pretty bad at only 7 yards. Back to the range next week.

All 3 of these guns were alternate carry guns for me. I usually carry something on a larger frame

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My "big" ccw is a Sig 365....
My other is a Seecamp .32....now that is a subcompact !! Big Grin

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Below subcompact is mousegun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Even for back up guns, I don't carry any caliber under 38 Special.

Especially 25acp and 32acp. Regardless that both calibers can cause fatalities. But that's just me.....

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Below subcompact is mousegun.

"Mousegun" … I like it ! Seecamp makes one that is the same size physically but is chambered in 380. It's said that it has a healthy kick.... Has anyone tried it in 380 ?

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Soon it will be my G48 (trading around for it) but mostly it is my 232. I know.... .380ACP. But I can shoot the dang thing. My middle son wants it though so I am going to retire it and the spare parts I have so he can enjoy it for HIS lifetime also.

Wife carries a 938...

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure that my vote registered, but I'm carrying a Hellcat OSP in a Vedder Light Tuck. I bought it around the same time I scored a great buy on a 365XL. Yes, I finally heeded that timeless advice - "Get both!"

I like the Hellcat's sights and ergos. I also had an extra week to shoot and carry it while the Sig took a trip back to New Hampshire due to failure to return to battery problems.

I'm going to keep training with both, and then let the MantisX that's inbound help me decide which gun I shoot best.

But for now, I'm very pleased with the Hellcat's reliability, capacity, and handling.

Posts: 133 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: May 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
In the olde days, the J-Frame was it. Or maybe a Seecamp, or other mousers.

Then the .380 became the 'caliber of the moment.' Everybody and their uncle made one, from Hi-Point to SIG.

Then, the micro nine revolution hit the charts. Everybody started shrinking their wondernines down to sub compact size.

Finally, the new designs came out from Kahr, Glock, Sig, and now SA, and just about everybody else.

Currently, the P365 is the latest 'shiz-nit'.

I am guilty of following the trends in my purchases over the decades, and still have the ones listed above. I just don't think you can do smaller than a Justin Moon product in single stack, or a P365 in double, at least not unless you go sub 9mm.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think of the J-frame as the size template to match for a small CCW gun. If it can fit in the same box as a J-frame, it's not going to be a problem to carry in nearly all situations. Yes, I gotten arguments about shaping. But I think that gets to the point where very minor closing tweaks can be made to deal with any minor carry issues.

When a new small carry gun comes out, I'll tend to post requests for comparo shots with a J-frame to get a good handle on the new gun's size.

quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
In the olde days, the J-Frame was it.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
My usual carry gun is a Glock G19. When I go to the gym, I carry a Kimber Micro in .380 with an extra mag inside a fanny pack! I also keep my keys, etc in there if anyone asks!

In the summer time, I sometimes wear a J-frame with .38Special +P rounds. I never feel inadequate, even with the .380!!!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
SIG P938. The more I shoot it, the more I like it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
If I’m out at the ball field I usually take my Remington RM380 along with me.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My EDC is G26 , but I recently purchased a new to me P238 Rosewood. The more I shoot it, the better I like it. I believe this summer that will be in the rotation for it's easy to carry in a pocket ot IWB even with the optional 7 round mag. The mags aren't as bulky either.

Posts: 17 | Location: Holland.Oh | Registered: February 22, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lately my subcompact carry has been a HK P2000sk, but I carry the P2000 more often.

Posts: 4 | Registered: December 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
365XL right now. I’ll carry the G43 if I need a pocket carry. The XL is a tad too long, and I have an optic coming for it. I suppose a 365 is in my future.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
For small pocket carry, it's either a Glock 42 or a Baby Browning .25 ACP.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Has Kahr fallen so far from grace that it isn't even on the list?
That's what I carry - a PM9.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got 2 J frames, a 457 and a 9mm shield 1.0. Don't know why as I don't carry and they aren't exactly comfortable range guns... Still, that's what I've got.
Got a bearcat shopkeeper too, but that doesn't exactly count. It is about the same size as the shield though.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go back and forth between a P365 and a G43X. I chose P365 as it more closely meets the "micro" pistol definition.

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post