SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me Colt New Frontier
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me Colt New Frontier Login/Join 
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted
Over the weekend I picked up a 1984 Colt New Frontier with a 6" barrel from my uncle. I don't think it's had more than 50 rounds through it. The box is a little rough but the revolver looks like new Smile

Still researching, but I'm wondering if this is a shooter or if I should put it away after I've shot a few rounds through it. Serial number is G2166xx. Any thoughts on this?

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You may already be aware of this, but if yours is one of the earlier non-crossbolt safety models, it’s a five-shooter.

I have one and I shoot it. I don’t have the box and other ancillary items, though.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot it and enjoy it. It’s not like you’ll be able to retire early if you don’t shoot it.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't take any guns with you when you go to Heaven. Shoot it...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it. That's what it's for. Load one, skip one, load four, cock the hammer and lower it on the empty chamber.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Which of course you don't need to do, shooting it.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys!

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by arfmel:
You may already be aware of this, but if yours is one of the earlier non-crossbolt safety models, it’s a five-shooter.

I have one and I shoot it. I don’t have the box and other ancillary items, though.[/QUOTE.

Crossbolt safety??

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post