SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 RX Compact Reviews?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 RX Compact Reviews? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Who here has one and what's your experience. I feel it calling my name.

I don't have a pistol with a optic. I don't have a 320. Yet. What's the verdict?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently rented a 320 RX full size, I find that the 320 RX is an excellent platform and the red dot is very clear and doesn't have the tint of similar optics have. There is only one thing I don't like about the 320 comparing to my other plastic guns and it has more muzzle flip than my Glock's and M&P's, with that said I still believe that is a great handgun even though I don't have any extensive experience with it and the optic only time will tell about durability so unfortunately the 320 isn't my cup of tea.

PS. I do think my 226 Legion sao is a superb combat handgun.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I have a P320 RX compact that is currently my everyday carry. I first purchased the full size P320 RX and loved it so much I had to have the compact version.

To my surprise the compact is every bit as accurate as the full size version. It feels a lot like a P228 in my hand and shoots as good or better than a P228 in my opinion.

My short range vision seems to get worse every year and so for me the red dot makes target acquisition and target accuracy much, much better than the traditional sights.

It takes a little bit of adjustment to get used to the red dot, but once you do you'll never want to go back. I'm looking forward to the launch of the Romeo 1 with the adapter that fits into the dove tail of the standard rear sight. I have a few other guns like my P227 that I'd like to outfit with a red dot sight.

The only negative I've read is some people who have an astigmatism have problems with the red dot because it looks super fuzzy. So I'd make sure you test drive one if you think that might be an issue for you.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
I want a 320 RX BADLY and will buy one the day it comes with a threaded barrel.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a few weeks in on my first Sig, a 320 RX full size. I am coming from shooting full size HK's (USP and VP9) and a M&P. So far I love it. No problem with recoil impulse that I can detect and while I am still just learning to shoot a pistol with a red dot, so far the Romeo red dot is terrific even though I don't have great vision any more and have an astigmatism.

Thanks Trojan, now you have me thinking about the compact

Posts: 15 | Registered: March 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm all in on the 320 so the RX was icing on the cake. I have the compact RX and it has been everything I had hoped it would. Really big fan of the modularity to switch between the compact/sc. While the compact is pretty easy to cc, the sc with the rx slide is really a nice lightweight concealable option.

The accuracy is ridiculous. I'm amazed how easy it is to hit targets from distance, either hand and pretty good groupings at long range. It took some time to be as fast from concealment, but it just took a range session or two until I was just as fast and the transition to other targets is so easy, really does feel like I'm cheating.

This has been perfect for my aging eyes. If you are even remotely considering it, the 320 is a perfect platform to give you a broad range of options to configure to what ever you want.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post