SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Grip Module change...I broke something!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Grip Module change...I broke something! Login/Join 
posted
Stocks of the Compact frame, large size grip modules finally arrived at my local LGS where I bought my P320. After swapping the medium for the large, a little piece of polymer was on the floor. It appears to be the magazine catch stop. Function checking it with the large in place, everything seems fine. I'm assuming it's from the medium but can't see where it would go. Anyone else have this happen to them? Time for another medium grip module? Thanks!

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Can you post a photo of the piece?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Can you post a photo of the piece?

Unfortunately not for a while. My best digital for macro stuff is a 12 year old Olympus that uses the xD card only. Somewhere in the house, or at work is a multicard reader I could use; the computer only has an SD card slot Mad I will say the piece that fell out doesn't look at all like the image of the magazine stop catch at Top Gun Supply, Brownell's and another place or two. Appears to be part #21 on this schematic though:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/P...Sauer_P320_schem.jpg

posted Hide Post
A newer Olympus did okay. This is a link to the part's image uploaded onto my Pbase site.

http://www.pbase.com/rt22306/image/167466676

posted Hide Post
It looks textured in the pic. Nothing like that on the P320 as far as I can figure. Looks kind of like a tab for holding grips in place. Any other pistols played with around the same time?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
It looks textured in the pic. Nothing like that on the P320 as far as I can figure. Looks kind of like a tab for holding grips in place. Any other pistols played with around the same time?

Only had the 320 out to swap grip modules that day. Didn't notice it until I was packing the medium grip module away. You're correct, it's textured on the little tab.
UPDATE/CORRECTION May 15...

I spoke with SIG Customer Service about the broken part yesterday...I was assured it was something that would not affect safe operations. The tab was from the original Medium grip frame...it's that little piece behind/below what would be the hammer if a traditional SA/DA arm. It's missing on the original module, but intact on the new one. Friday I plan to test the 320 out with the new module.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rat2306,