SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I think I finally found a weapon light I like for my HK45C
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I finally found a weapon light I like for my HK45C Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
As some of you are aware the HK45C has a very slanted trigger guard which is great for a gloved hand, not so go for mounting any kind of actual items to the rail.

I have been hunting for a weapon light for the HK45C for quite some time. Yes I could have modded a TLR1 or TLR7 etc. but I didn't want to screw with anything. I didn't like the TLR3 and Viridian and Olight seem to be hit or miss quality wise.

Well Crimson Trace recently released the CMR-208 and I have had fantastic luck with CT products so I gave it a shot. I had previously inquired as to whether it would fit on the 45C and they said yes. Well I was dubious but what the hell, I gave it a try.

The light indeed, fits perfectly. There is a fairly ingenious sliding rail in the light that allows it to be positioned in numerous spots. Worked like a charm.

The light itself is a 420 lumen affair with a very nice beam pattern and most certainly in the 400-500 lumen range. It is all aluminum and a hefty, solid little guy. They only polymer parts are the two activation paddles. UI is great, controls are great. Hold either paddle for momentary, click for on/click for off. Hold both to cycle to the mode you want, HIGH, LOW or strobe. I locked mine into high only. I especially like that it is a single CR123 light that "loads" from the front like the TLR7/8. Changing batteries in the Surefires and TLR1's etc. is a pain.

No shooting observations as of yet but so far I am impressed and think I finally found the light for MY HK45C.

Take care, shoot safe
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I always loved the HK45c, but couldn't shoot it worth a damn. And yours is no exception - a beautiful gun!

looks like a good light though! i'll have to check one out - I've been looking for a good wml for my nightstand gun.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Quick follow up. I LIKE this light. Ran a bunch of rounds today with no issues with light or gun. Rock solid, like the UI, love the beam pattern. Very happy so far.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post