SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK reducing prices again
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK reducing prices again Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Meh.

They need to put the P7 back into production.

I asked an HK exec about this and was told that the last P7M8 run in 2004 I think needed guys to come out of retirement to do the machining and such. He said the only people still qualified to make them are probably the folks at EAS (Hellenic Defense Industries) in Greece who made P7M8’s under license. They are still in service with Greek military (particularly the air force.)

Solution: Hire the old guys to come train your new guys.

Posts: 12458 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Meh.

They need to put the P7 back into production.

I asked an HK exec about this and was told that the last P7M8 run in 2004 I think needed guys to come out of retirement to do the machining and such. He said the only people still qualified to make them are probably the folks at EAS (Hellenic Defense Industries) in Greece who made P7M8’s under license. They are still in service with Greek military (particularly the air force.)

Solution: Hire the old guys to come train your new guys.

Probably all dead by now

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Cuz I am sure a complicated, odd, expensive, heavy, large, low capacity 9mm will just fly off the shelves. Smile

That being said I LOVE THE P7 and would love to see another run or a modern take on it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7670 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worked on VP9SK - can reduce the trigger force to about 4.5 pounds-force with replacement of two springs from H&K. Even with the nine side/back plates still did not fit smaller hand due to far forward trigger placement. Way over priced - especially the magazines.

One can purchase a M&P 9 in 4.25 ("full size") or M&P 4" ("Compact") for just over 400. Replace the sear and have an excellent pistol with magazines costing about half those from H&K. . . . and will fit small or large hands using the right one of four back-plates.

. . . or look at the PPQ series or the similar and less expensive Canik. Can not see why one would purchase H&K.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dusty, that link is for a 10 round gun. Otherwise, yeah a $600 longslide is really tempting. Especially if mags interchange with my VP9.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Dusty, that link is for a 10 round gun. Otherwise, yeah a $600 longslide is really tempting. Especially if mags interchange with my VP9.

Lucky for you they do.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
these new prices are nuts. I paid that used for a clean P30L a year ago. And yes, i sure was pleased to find that the mags were the same as my VP9!

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m sure you guys remember last year when the P2000 line and P30SK dropped in price. Well it seems HK is at it again. The P30, P30L’s are now selling in the $500’s and the HK45/45C are now priced in the mid $600’s.

https://www.hinterlandoutfitte...-finish-p-21840.html

http://www.mrgundealer.com/han...l-wpicatinny-rail-58

https://www.lanbosarmory.com/i...nfo&products_id=7581

Man, I wish you hadn't posted this. I've been wanting a full size 45 for quite some time & am seriously thinking of getting one right now just put one on layaway with Buds for $661.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: remsig,

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here’s a P30LS for $561

(SOLD OUT)

https://lanbosarmory.com/index...fo&products_id=17964

Posts: 12651 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
Worked on VP9SK - can reduce the trigger force to about 4.5 pounds-force with replacement of two springs from H&K. Even with the nine side/back plates still did not fit smaller hand due to far forward trigger placement. Way over priced - especially the magazines.

One can purchase a M&P 9 in 4.25 ("full size") or M&P 4" ("Compact") for just over 400. Replace the sear and have an excellent pistol with magazines costing about half those from H&K. . . . and will fit small or large hands using the right one of four back-plates.

. . . or look at the PPQ series or the similar and less expensive Canik. Can not see why one would purchase H&K.

Not all of us have baby hands...

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
...and folks want to know why the used gun market is so soft. Well, here is your answer.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only HK Pistols I have any interest in are the HK45 Compact tactical (MK24) and the Mark23.

The only other HK product I really want is a Registered Sear/Trigger Group and/or MP5SD.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Hell is about freeze over.

Well it is snowing in Florida right now Roll Eyes

Posts: 3506 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Took advantage of the $499 VP9 from CDNN with the four extra mags. I thought it was a helluva deal.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I could not find any good deals on a HK45 full-size.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:

$677 for a V1

http://www.scopelist.com/hk-45...gundeals-22-dec-2017

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Argggggg I am supposed to be saving money in the new year.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:

Seriously? Grabagun has it for $627.04 as of right now.

Search via SKU at Gundeals.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/745001-A5 -- HK45

https://gun.deals/search/apach..._search/%20745031-A5 -- HK45C

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/M730903-A5 -- P30 9MM 15 round

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/730903L-A5 -- P30L 9MM 10 round (15 round scarce and new lower price)

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Too little too late. I'm all Glocked out. Cool

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think he meant the pictures don’t match. One of the links shows an HK45 when the description says hk45c.

Thats exactly it

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post