SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320c V. G19.... P365?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320c V. G19.... P365? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
OK so.

I was all excited about the P320c coming out. G19s are rare here in MA, because everyone wants one. Until Glock and the MA AG cut the crap, which might happen.

I like a whole lot about the P320c, mine came back just dandy after all the hubbub. Its size and trigger are great. I actually put a subcompact frame on mine, and love it. Here in MA, it has to have a manual safety, which I don't mind.

I've shot Glocks for years, but when I carried one, I'd always just go G17. When I could dress for it.

One edge the G19 does have here in MA, is pre-ban full capacity magazines.

I managed to find a G19 here, and old Gen 2, I'd prefer gen 3, I like those over Gen4, and have no interest in Gen5 really.

The difference between the P320c and G19 is down to ergonomics and personal preference. While they are slightly different in size, I am equally comfortable with both.

There are currently more aftermarket options for Glocks, but give that about 20mins. I'd say that the P320 will remain a solid competitor to Glock, and either is a good choice.

I need to get my hands on a P365 though.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I enjoy shooting my P320C. And on paper, the dimensions are similar to the G19. But it feels noticeably larger/chunkier when carrying it.

I carry my G19 much more often.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I enjoy shooting my P320C. And on paper, the dimensions are similar to the G19. But it feels noticeably larger/chunkier when carrying it.

I concur. Most of the additional size is in the taller slide, rail, and infamous Sig higher bore axis. You can compare them at https://nivlam.github.io.

I prefer shooting my P320, although the G19 carries concealed better.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
I bought a G19 (2nd gen) when I turned 21 (I'm 47 now). It's been my go to, to this day!

I recently bought a P320c (LEO trade in) and instantly fell in love with it, the ergos, trigger, reset, etc.

I also prefer shooting my P320c over my G19, but at this point, the G19 to me is like carrying my wallet or cellphone.

I'm trying out IWB rigs for the P320c and am starting to carry it. I agree with previous posters, can definitely feel the girth difference, but it can work with the right holster and belt.

I enjoy my P320c so much I bought a P320c RX that I found for a super deal used! This one is my HD gun for sure!

Only mods to any them are Ameriglo front sights for the 320c and G19 and maintenance (had to replace the mag springs in my original Glock magazines).

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I carry my G19 much more often.

This... The P320 was a fine pistol, but I wound up selling mine and just carry my Glocks now.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The edge that the P320c does have, is the ability
to do what I did, and put a subcompact grip on it.

The G19 is an excellent choice, and so is the P320c.

I need to get my hands on that P365 though, from all I've heard, it is better than both.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I finally got my paws on the P365 demo, it allows the swap of the mags from flat to 12 round, the grip is nice, with the flat or 10 round mags I can hold it but my pinky is well off the grip, with he 12 round it fits nicely.

Compared to a G19 its significantly smaller, very light and thinner as well.

It's very much like my G43. Only more boolits.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
You wont go wrong with a G19.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4sigman
posted Hide Post
Arc, email sent

Posts: 275 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: April 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at the range two weeks ago, shooting my P320. I also shot a friend's G17. It had been a while since I shot a Glock, and I was surprised how much better the Sig felt. The G17 gave both of us a wear spot on the trigger finger. The Glock shot 6" high at 25 yards, which is normal. The P320 was much easier to be accurate with.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would probably go with the 19 or the 365. I’m just not a huge fan of the way the 320c feels to me. With the 365 definitely need either the 12rd extended mag or the 10rd with pinky extension to give it a decent feel to it.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The P320c with the subcompact frame means it really goes away with the high and straight holster I have for it, at about 4:00.

The extra magazines have extensions, but I've done all my practice shooting with the subcompact magazine.

If I'm just shooting at the range, I prefer the ergonomics of the P320, and I'd like to get a P320 X5 at this point. I'd also like a G40.

The G19 is great. I also think the P320c is great, and ideal with the subcompact frame.

At some point I'll get a P365, oh yes.

Arc.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I fondled the 365 for the first time today when a handful came into the shop; if you prefer the way the 320 handles you will certainly appreciate and even love the 365. It's a natural extension of what the 320 started; amazingly small and makes the G43 obsolete and the much larger G26 seem almost obsolete where its saving grace is its compatibility with large cap mags from the G19 and G17.

However for me it points exactly how the 320C did which takes me time to adjust to. I don't see one in my future but it's going to be a near impossible gun for any of the existing polymer single stack 9mm pistols to match up to, especially for those shooters who are not ingrained to a single platform...like me. Even SIG's own P225A/A1 seems woefully outdated. I can see how owners and reviewers have fallen for this gun.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I happened into a shop today that had one at an indoor range, so I had a chance to shoot a P365. Satisfied that it worked as advertised, I bought one.

The only problem is that they don't have any available, so I paid, and will pick it up in a month or so, whenever they finally make it in. Might as well start stocking up on magazines...at fifty bucks a pop.

With tax this was about 580 out the door (figuratively speaking, as there's nothing to take out the door, yet).

With the 10 round magazine, I didn't feel like I had all the purchase I might have liked on the grip, but that could be that it's so small, too. It shot right where it was pointed, and in the little shooting I did, it was fully reliable. Otherwise, felt just like a small P320.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the ergos of the 320 much better than the Glock(especially not getting slide bite) but I am one of the few people that hate the trigger on the 320. I don't like the short pull for a carry gun but do like the feel of it, if that makes any sense. I had one for a while and did appreciate the fact you can get different size frames for your grip/hand but I just seem to come back to Glock. I have to put some type of beaver tail on my gen 3 in order to not get the bite but after searching for the right pistol, Glock just works better for me. Of course there's the pros of cheaper mags/parts,ease of assembly/disassembly,etc., and they are not as pretty as other guns but they do go bang every time.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a G32 much of the time, and pocket carry a G43.

I do like the trigger and ergonomics on the P320; none of mine have failed to be fully reliable. I have a bit of a switch with point of aim when moving one to the other, but a few presentations fixes that.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Well, I just got to handle a P365, and while they aren't "MA approved" yet, I know I'll need one.

Absolutely a G19/26 killer.

My P320c will be a truck/backup gun after I get one.

Oh boy the size, slimness, trigger, man what a sweet carry piece.

I also handled the P320 X5, and dammit I need one of those now too.

Arc.

Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
As much as I tried to find a better EDC \ all around defensive hand gun replacement to the G19, I couldn't and just coming back to it.....until the P365.

With the 12rd mag you are only short 3 rounds vs the G19 but the Sig is still a much smaller package. For ease of carry it is hard to beat. BUT, if you prefer something not quite as small and easier to shoot then stay with the G19.

I personally feel that the P320 trigger is just too light and short for EDC. The P365 pushes it to the limit as well but it feels a little stiffer at the break to me.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, the P365 represents a pocket-size convenience pistol. It's not what I'd carry given multiple choices and carry option, but for convenience, light clothing, or situations where it's quick to throw in the pocket or if it's being put on and stowed frequently, it's great. It's also ridiculously, freakishly small. It's like holding on to half of a taser that recoils.

I can't imagine making this the first choice for carry. It's the noisy-cricket of pistols (men in black reference). My view of the P365 is like other pocket pistols; they're the j-frame snubby of autos, with numerous compromises, and the advantage of a higher round capacity and a bit more oomph (more powerful cartridge...though that falls flat against a .357). I don't think I'd ever carry this on my belt or inside the waistband. If I'm doing that, I'll just put on the G32.

I'd prefer a full size pistol and grip where it's a realistic option. I'll take a compact grip (ala G32/G19 or P320C) much of the time as an acceptable compromise, and I have carried the G33 or G26 on the ankle or in a pocket holster...but a full size grip (and capacity) makes a lot more sense to me where one can do it. My choice when traveling in a car, for example, isn't a subcompact in the car. It's typically a G31.

The P365, ASSUMING it's going to be reliable, looks more like a niche pistol. Handy, but wouldn't be my first choice, all things being equal. Cool idea, very compact and trim, tiny grip and really trim magazine. I'd like the option of a bigger magazine to carry as the second or third mag; the length doesn't matter at that point. Bigger than the 12 round mag. There's no reason not to have an option for 15 or more rounds, if it's the second mag.

I really dislike the extra plastic sticking off the 12 round magazine. It mates with the grip at the magwell and extends it, but it's goofy to handle and snags on things when it's not in the pistol. Same reason I hated the extended Shield and XDs magazines.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Pistols designed for concealed carry, are designed for concealed carry.....

Of course there are "compromises," but this isn't some "pocket pistol." I would not throw any auto in a pocket, frankly.

Will I carry a G17 in the winter? Sure. Will I carry a small slim pistol in 9mm, for the warmer months? Absolutely.

Hey, I get it, it'll be too small for some people.

Arc.