SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How much do you guys pay to ship a handgun?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you guys pay to ship a handgun? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redford1970:
Shipped a G36 with extras,from Detroit to Lexington, last week, $25 Flat Rate USPS, $10 insurance and $20 FFL fee. If done privately, UPS or FedEx will be at least $52-65 one way. Plus insurance

I know everyone's fee's are going to vary depending on location, etc.. However there is no reason IMO to charge more than $10 to do the paperwork of registering in your logbook. Shipping a handgun is between $20-28 with insurance, plus $10 for the FFL =$30 to $38. There's always extenuating circumstances, but 90% this is how my transfers go.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
quote:
Originally posted by Redford1970:
Shipped a G36 with extras,from Detroit to Lexington, last week, $25 Flat Rate USPS, $10 insurance and $20 FFL fee. If done privately, UPS or FedEx will be at least $52-65 one way. Plus insurance

I know everyone's fee's are going to vary depending on location, etc.. However there is no reason IMO to charge more than $10 to do the paperwork of registering in your logbook. Shipping a handgun is between $20-28 with insurance, plus $10 for the FFL =$30 to $38. There's always extenuating circumstances, but 90% this is how my transfers go.

most in this area are $25 transfers, it is about the going rate for small shops,
some places ask 50 or even 75,

sometimes I make a good 25 with little effort, sometimes I have to chase down the asshole fedex person, or divert delivery, or some other extenuating circumstance,,

works out in the long run, I guess,

but on avg, I sell less (and my prices are reasonable and negotiable) to the folks that want to do transfers than to other customers,,,

edited to add, that is likely due to the type of customers,
some folks shop the net for firearms, others would rather buy in hand,,,

just like some like Amazon etc, and others would rather go to a store

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Here in southern Ohio, the typical shops charge around $25-30. The most recent shipping from FFL to FFL for me was about $26 for two day (business) FedEx.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post