SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen 5 G22 right here
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen 5 G22 right here Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Sap Paulo police issue Gen 5 G22

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Wow. Glock obviously did something with the design of the new locking block to be able to eliminate the third pin. Not really shocking as there were some pictures of the MHS Glock in 40 with only two pins.

I suspect we will see the gen 5 in other calibers here in the US eventually. They will sell, and Glock is in the business of making money, so....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SGT45
posted Hide Post
Manual Safety too! I am in the minority- as I would like a manual safety on mine. Smile

SGT 45
P320 Compact 9mm w/ MS (3)
P320 Compact 9mm FDE
P320 Compact/Carry 9mm FDE
P320 Compact .45 w/MS
P938
P229
--- Lots of Glocks

Posts: 437 | Location: Gettysburg,PA USA | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Resistance is futile! May as well starting saving a few bucks for yet another Glock this year. If the police trials in Sao Paulo are successful, perhaps we'll see it in USA in the not too distant future.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT45:
Manual Safety too! I am in the minority- as I would like a manual safety on mine. Smile

I'm with you on that, but the one in the picture doesn't look as accessible as a 1911 safety, so I wonder how well it will actually work. It reminds me of the manual safety on my old Browning 380, which was too awkward to use in the real world.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ I agree with the statement on the safety, as I like having one. I think S&W had the best safety on their full size M&P pistol but the one on the Bodyguard is the worst of the all.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Seriously?

I should ask Glock for some gen5 31s. I'm budgeting to replace our gen3 31s with gen4 31s this year. Wonder if we should wait...

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Surprise, surprise. That's something I hadn't been expecting. Not that I see a need but a Gen5 G22 or G31 would be nice...as long as the frame actually holds up.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
It looks to have the slightly wider slide of the .40 cal MHS submittal. I wonder if they bulked it up due to the 2 pin design.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post