SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 229 Appendix Carry?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 229 Appendix Carry? Login/Join 
posted
What is the recommended holster for appendix carry of the Sig P229? I had great success with the Shield .45 in a BladeTech Klipt holster and wanted to check with the experts before I invested in a holster for the larger handgun.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 10 | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would imagine any of the reputable holster makers would make an appendix holster for the 229 but that's quite a chunk for that type of carry.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JM Custom Kydex makes a nice AIWB rig.
And a 229 in that position? Bulky. Keep us posted on how you like it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I would imagine any of the reputable holster makers would make an appendix holster for the 229 but that's quite a chunk for that type of carry.

I EDC a Sig P226 Tacops with a threaded barrel. The 229 would be like carrying a mouse gun. Hit the gym. Razz

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I would want a holster with two belt attachment points for that much gun.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a 228 in a JMCK holster with a split loop without any problems, and a friend who is a member here carries 226 off duty in a 5Shot SME. I don't think that 229 is too much gun for AIWB, but I've carried a Beretta 92 Elite and a full sized .45 1911 that way, so I may be biased.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I have Stealthgear AIWB holsters for my M11-A1 and 229 Select.
https://imgur.com/a/xEM5rck

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tier1 concealed.

I have a few of their appendix rigs and they are top shelf quality.

They have videos on YouTube to compare their two main offerings, I have a few AGIS that I love but I've heard so much hype about the "axis slim" that I just ordered one.

A lot of other companies have begun using their design and I think that's a testament to Tier1s success and practical solution for what can be an uncomfortable way to carry if you have sub par equipment.

Not the least expensive option , but it is quality that you'll notice immediately upon opening the box and compared to a lot of other custom kydex companies, they ship extremely fast.

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the great recommendations. I'll let you know how it works once I choose from these holsters.

Posts: 10 | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Buy cheap, wear cheap Frown I use a Garrett Industries Silent thunder. Very comfortable & draws fast.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a 229 in a JM Custom appendix holster for two years. Worked well for me. I added a foam wedge to the back of the holster to help keep the grip tucked in a little tighter.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JM Custom Kydex (I regularly run an AIWB 2.5 for a P226 sized gun) and Keepers Concealment are both solid options.

I have come to prefer the soft, Pull-the-dot loops.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
Vedder lighttuck.
http://www.vedderholsters.com/...utm_medium=affiliate

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
get a good belt. that much gun'll pull your pants down, yo.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post