SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G19 size compared to G43x
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G19 size compared to G43x Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Man, I love this 43x. Not that the G19 is difficult to CC, but the thinner G43x, coupled with its shorter barrel, makes it a little more comfortable.
As a big RTF fan, the only thing I wish Glock could have done is making it a little grippier.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Nice comparison pics Q. The 43x and 48 already seem to have quite a following.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up the 43x this week and two holster rigs , now I need the fact night sights . my 19 has been put away for now .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Most everyone I talk to really likes the 43X/48 grip. I seem to be the odd one out. Whether it's the combination of the added palm swell in the backstrap coupled with the gun's thinness and my short fingers, the 43X/48 doesn't "lock in" as well for me as the regular G43's grip does. The sensation I get from the taller grip reminds me of how the S&W Shield always feels at the front strap and the two physically are actually shaped nothing alike. I just get this weird feel as I wrap my itty-bitty fingers around the front of the grip on these new Glocks, something I never noticed with my G43.

Conversely I never experience this sensation with a double stack Glock. Or a double stack M&P for that matter.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I got the 48 instead of the 43x but I've played with putting a 43 slide on it and like it an awful lot. The texture on my 48 seems to be less then on my other Glocks but it'll wear Talon grips anyway.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I've really become fond of my 48 and putting the 43's slide on it.

I also wish it had the RTF grip texture.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Great pictures, thanks. Smile Looks like the 43X is about the same exact size as my Walther PPS with the 7 round magazine other than the wider grip to accommodate the 10 rounds. I should be able to try one out at LGS factory shoot next month. This might be a terrific pistol for my wife as she has shown interest into getting into shooting. My Glock 19 is just a little bit big for her hands/fingers and I bet it will be perfect.

I have been reading a whole lot of positive comments about the 43X/48 "I stopped by local gun store to handle one and I have to admit..." LOL.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Great pics. Man a black slide and a smooth trigger and I may be a buyer for this or the 48.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put Talon grips on my G43x; same as on all my other Glocks.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am really pissed at Glock right now. First I buy a 19x and then they come out with the damn 45. Then I have had a 43 for awhile and they release the damn 43x and 48! Glock is temporarily on my shit list at the moment.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I love my 43X. I finally got mine running right and I'm glad I did. The full length grip, for me, is a huge improvement over the 43 and I love how thin it is. I mow a few yards in my off time and occasionally go for a run so the weight savings over my 19 and the thinness is a big plus for me as well.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do they feel a lot different IWB? I’m thinking about switching from my 33...a little too short and fat.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
I am really pissed at Glock right now. First I buy a 19x and then they come out with the damn 45. Then I have had a 43 for awhile and they release the damn 43x and 48! Glock is temporarily on my shit list at the moment.

If you have the 43, why not grab a 48? You'll have a nice slide swapping combo then.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post