SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Wilson Combat WCP320
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Wilson Combat WCP320 Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
The Wilson Combat Grip Module is 3.32 Ounces (4.87 with Tungsten weights). The Legion Grip Module with the Magwell and Grip Weightis 16.6 ounces.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
I decided against going to full Wilson, but I’m liking my Wilson grip on my P320 Legion.

Since you’re using Armory Craft for the trigger, they’re also selling Tungsten weights that will fit the Wilson grip. I’ve already got some en route.

https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...at-p320-grip-modules

What are your thoughts regarding the Wilson grip vs Legion grip?

Can you mount a magazine funnel to legion grip?
With the optional tungsten carbide rods, how much does the grip weigh? Isn't the Legion grip 16.6oz?

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
akaSigFreak took care of the weight issue above:

quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
The Wilson Combat Grip Module is 3.32 Ounces (4.87 with Tungsten weights). The Legion Grip Module with the Magwell and Grip Weightis 16.6 ounces.

Other questions:

1) I put the GoGun Thumb Rest/Takedown Lever on. Here’s a side view:

It’s a hell of a lot easier to take the gun down now that’s there more surface area to get a grip, and the checkering holds my thumb in place just fine. It’s also in the perfect position for me, but if you have short thumbs, you might save your money. I also don’t have a clue about holster fitment. I wanted to try the less aggressive Armory Craft takedown level, but like everythign else they sell, it’s out of stock. Here’s the link:

https://gogunusa.com/products/...for-sig-p320-sku-320

2) Except for weight, the Wilson Combat grip is a 99% improvement. It does have a moulded magwell at the bottom, but you’d probably have to wait to get a comp magwell to fit the frame. It has less of the oval shape than the XGrip with a narrower front/back strap. The beavertail lets you get a higher grip on the gun and I think Wilson got the texture perfect. The sides are the Wilson Starburst pattern that is grippy enough to keep your hand from slipping but aren’t abrasive. The front and back are VERY aggressive. The only guns I’ve felt with that heavy of texturing were the aggressive Polymer80s or the M&P 2.0.

If I was doing this again, I’d probably get the P320 RXP with the Wilson Grip or build up an M&P PC Core 2.0. The real race is to compare the Wilson to the Polymer80 P320 grip. Really looking forward to hear about that:

Posts: 4106 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to fire a magazine through the WCP320. Very nice.

Called them today and ordered a grip and asked about plans to make a compact version. They said they would be, I will order one when they do.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
akaSigFreak took care of the weight issue above:

quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:

Other questions:

1) I put the GoGun Thumb Rest/Takedown Lever on. Here’s a side view:

It’s a hell of a lot easier to take the gun down now that’s there more surface area to get a grip, and the checkering holds my thumb in place just fine. It’s also in the perfect position for me, but if you have short thumbs, you might save your money. I also don’t have a clue about holster fitment. I wanted to try the less aggressive Armory Craft takedown level, but like everythign else they sell, it’s out of stock. Here’s the link:

https://gogunusa.com/products/...for-sig-p320-sku-320

2) Except for weight, the Wilson Combat grip is a 99% improvement. It does have a moulded magwell at the bottom, but you’d probably have to wait to get a comp magwell to fit the frame. It has less of the oval shape than the XGrip with a narrower front/back strap. The beavertail lets you get a higher grip on the gun and I think Wilson got the texture perfect. The sides are the Wilson Starburst pattern that is grippy enough to keep your hand from slipping but aren’t abrasive. The front and back are VERY aggressive. The only guns I’ve felt with that heavy of texturing were the aggressive Polymer80s or the M&P 2.0.

If I was doing this again, I’d probably get the P320 RXP with the Wilson Grip or build up an M&P PC Core 2.0. The real race is to compare the Wilson to the Polymer80 P320 grip. Really looking forward to hear about that:

The issued I have with the Poly80 grip is the area at the web of the hand. It is the same as the factory X frame, and it doesn't allow me to get a solid thumb forward grip.

The WC frame is thinned out in this area, just like the factory X compact grip. It make a difference in how the pistol feels, and the WC grip is a winner IMO.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I recently replaced the grip module on my Sig P320X Carry with a Wilson. Looks and feels good, I just wish I could get out of quarantine to try it out!

I just ordered one for my Sig P320X Carry. I like the look!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:

What are your thoughts regarding the Wilson grip vs Legion grip?

Can you mount a magazine funnel to legion grip?
With the optional tungsten carbide rods, how much does the grip weigh? Isn't the Legion grip 16.6oz?

I wasn't asked the question, but I have several pistols with the TXG grip module, as well as the Wilson, as well as the standard and X-frame models.

The TXG grip module ("legion module") is polymer, with tungsten in it, and is considerably heavier; it feels like a steel pistol frame. The wilson frame with the tungsten rods is much lighter.

The Sig x-frame full-length grips (carry and full size) have provision for a tungsten grip insert, which is heavier and more substantial than the little welding electrode inserts on the Wilson frame. The Sig X-frame compact grips, and the Sig origional grip modules will take the electrodes, too; they don't add a lot of weight, but do make for nice balance on the full size models.

The TXG grip module, which is tungsten infused, can be purchased with or without the detachable mag well ("funnel"). I have one on one pistol, and left it off another for comparison. The mag well adds a little weight, and a little length. I do not think a mag well is necessary for making fast, accurate reloads, although obviously it's a bigger target. I think the added weight (and perhaps balance) is the biggest benefit, if one chooses to use one. I don't think it would be very practical for carry, certainly not for concealed carry, but that also probably depends on the person and how they conceal.

My mag wells are only on pistols used for matches, and mostly there just for the weight and because they weren't doing anything else but sitting in a box. I can take or leave them.

I did get three of the Armory Craft tungsten rod kits for the Wilson frame; they're cut specifically to match the Wilson frame, and come with a small tube of clear RTV silicone. Because the rods are small and have little area and mass compared to the Sig factory weights made for the x-grip, they don't add a whole lot, but it's something. If you're just doing one pistol, then the Armory Craft kit is the way to go; about sixteen bucks. If you have more pistols, then you might be better off picking up tungsten electrodes from a welding supply.

Right after I got the first Wilson grip, I shot it in an IDPA match, and really liked it (didn't come close to winning...I never do). Ergonomic, smaller, my thumb reaches the mag release easily without any need to adjust my grip. The more aggressive front and back strap texture is nice, and they're attractive. The Wilson sunburst pattern on the side panel is nice, though a little slick and doesn't add a lot to grip traction. It's comfortable, though.

--Edited to correct reference to Agency Arms, to Armory Craft

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sns3guppy,

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Agency Arms? I didn't see anything on their website. Are you referring to Armory Craft?

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh...that's it.

I ordered a couple of the Wilson grip modules and several of the Armory Craft rod kits from them. Wilson was perpetually showing out of stock, and Armory Craft had them.

Agency Arms stuff I have on some Glocks. I like their minimalist mag wells. I'll change the previous post, thanks.

Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how long ArmoryCraft takes to ship items out?

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's in stock, it seems to ship quickly. I think my order showed shipped within a day. I believe their web site showed a disclaimer that due to the COVID stuff going on, delays are possible, but I didn't have any. They generated an email with tracking number, and it was showing delivered in about a week, I think.

Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
I decided against going to full Wilson, but I’m liking my Wilson grip on my P320 Legion.

Since you’re using Armory Craft for the trigger, they’re also selling Tungsten weights that will fit the Wilson grip. I’ve already got some en route.

https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...at-p320-grip-modules

Will my P320X Carry be able to use the same holster with the new Wilson Grip Module?

posted Hide Post
My Wilson grip-modules fit the same holsters as the factory x-frame, and actually seem to fit the same holsters as the standard grip module, as well.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about holsters if you've got an extended takedown lever to the same degree I have on mine. I really wanted the subtle Armory Craft one, but their whole site seems to be out of stock of everything.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend is running a gas pedal like yours, and I think Red Hill holsters; they fit fine. Another said he had to make a slight mod.

I have new and old style takedown levers; the older ones are slightly angled, enough that the thumb rests on them, though they're not a gas pedal. They fit into most any holster.

Worst-case, you may need to slightly modify the holster. Otherwise, the Wilson frame itself will ride in a P320 holster without a problem.

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure about holsters if you've got an extended takedown lever to the same degree I have on mine. I really wanted the subtle Armory Craft one, but their whole site seems to be out of stock of everything.

Production/Shipping is all crazy with the Covid BS- I'm a little over an hour away from Armory Craft and it takes about a week to get my parts. He does get parts in regularly.

Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Wilson grip module from armorycraft last night and got an email this morning saying it has shipped.
Good service compared to most other companies right now.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomgun:
I ordered a Wilson grip module from armorycraft last night and got an email this morning saying it has shipped.
Good service compared to most other companies right now.

Milos's Customer Service is Amazing- its the USPS that Sucks!

Picture of Boxer9
posted Hide Post
I just got mine today. I love everything about it!

Heres some pictures comparing the Wilson to the X Carry and X Compact. Last photo is my pistol.

http://imgur.com/a/aHl3ntR

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I received my Armory Craft Dual Adjustable Flat Trigger. It is absolutely AMAZING!