SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another Gander bites the dust
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Gander bites the dust Login/Join 
posted
Gander Mountain is going out of business in Greenwood, which services the Indianapolis area. Another one in Greenfield, Indiana went bust a few months ago.Oh well, you reap what you sow.

Posts: 102 | Registered: June 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Back in Feb it was announced they were going under nationwide. In fact, there was a several page on the subject in the Lounge....

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sucks to lose any lgs but frankly their prices are outrageous and they only stock junk that I'm not interested in. Anything else can be had elsewhere for minimum 20% less in almost every case.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3250018324

They are all closing.

http://www.gandermountain.com/

quote:
hudr

Back in Feb it was announced they were going under nationwide. In fact, there was a several page on the subject in the Lounge....

Yep.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/4310081914/p/1

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Check Marcus Lemonis Twitter account. All Gander Mountain stores aren't going out of business. Greenwood and Avon Indiana aren't going out of business.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pries are way to high , they wanted 500 for junk used Police Glocks and wanted to give me 180 bucks for a mint Smith L/E package MP 40 with night sights and 3 mags . Another shop down the gave me 300 on a trade . I never stop at Gander any more , they need to clean house from the TOP.

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
If they do go out of business they have to one to blame but themselves.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The location by me had a 5% discount on guns which still made gen 20% higher than any other store around. How they stayed in business this long is beyond me. It really goes to show that consumers are fucking stupid.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read in Denver Post last week that Sportman's Warehouse is buying 80% of Gander. If true it will be a very much better store.

Posts: 208 | Location: Littleton, Co. USA | Registered: August 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Stopped at my local Gander today...for a going out of business sale, I was not impressed with the deals.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swung by the one closest to me yesterday and they didn't have any deals on firearms other than 10% off. Still well beyond what the local shops are pricing the same firearms for.

Hate to see businesses shut the doors and put folks back in to the job market but at those prices, it's surprising the economics hadn't caught up to them until now.

Posts: 133 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
According to their website- ALL 126 locations Nationwide are closing. They had one of the best live-fire ranges available. Sorry to see that close.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Sell guns at MSRP and you will go out of business.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The range at the one I used to shoot at had stupid rules. Can't shoot at anything remotely resembling a human silhouette, cant shoot too fast, and the moron at the front of the store who was supposed to secure your pistol didn't know the first thing about pistols.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
When ours first opened I believe it had a gun range but it quickly went to archery only. Roll Eyes Yesterday was the fullest time I recall seeing their parking lot full.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Wichita, the Gander there remodeled, and installed a "virtual range" for training, and a 10 yard live fire range. I asked the employee about the live fire range, and he said that it could handle up to .300 Winchester Magnum.....don't know why you would want to shoot a 300 at 10 yards.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post