SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32acp
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32acp Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've got two 1903s and I wouldn't mind getting one of the US Armament models. They're fun-to-shoot pistols that ooze quality and have historical significance. I've also admired the work that Bill Laughridge at Cylinder & Slide has done to slightly "modernize" the design.

I agree on the Triple K magazines: After a few years of saying "maybe it will work this time", I placed it on the cement and stomped on it before tossing it in the trash.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Overdue, but here you go. The first one with a few blemishes is the 1925 version. The second one with the box, papers, and even the wax paper is a 1930 version. The 1930 one is new in the box!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add, I found another original mag and ordered 2 new repos from US Armament. Thanks for the heads up on those!!

Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
You found a good looking gun.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
A advertisement at the time described it as “Small, flat as a book..., and safe.”

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These look and feel so good, and .32 is so accurate and intrguing.
For those of you with the new models made by Colt, how do they compare?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered two .32 magazines from US Armament. Properly marked Colt .32 ACP. They run fine.

I believe they are made by Triple K.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
I ordered two .32 magazines from US Armament. Properly marked Colt .32 ACP. They run fine.

I believe they are made by Triple K.

I have some, as does a good friend,

all work with no issue

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Bill, those are both very nice indeed!!!!

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I've had several of these fine pistols, even had one in .380.

I've posted this before whenever a 1903 thread comes up. This is my stepfather's uncle Will's pistol. I inheritd it when my stepfather died. Uncle will used it to crack walnuts, never cleaned it or oiled it..

I knew it couldn't be reblued so I sanded out all the pits in the frame and slide. I ordered a new 32 acp barrel from Gun Parts, along with new springs. Then I finished it with Norrels Moly Resin.

After test firing it, found it would double tap. So I decided to order a new sear and disconnector. I found them on GunBroker, the nice guy selling them told me they were the later parts with 2 notch sear, added to the last production models of this pistol. He told me that it was an added safety , to avoid accidental discharge if the pistol was dropped while loaded.

My pistol isn't a thing of beauty, but if you had seen it originally, it was a basket case. It shoots great now, with no unexpected discharges.

And it is a family keepsake.

Love seeing all the member's old Colts.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunset, you did right by that pistol. Good work!

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
Sunset, you did right by that pistol. Good work!

Thank you. I should have taken before and after pictures. My stepfather's Uncle Will was a local moonshiner in the 20's. As with many pistols back then, the ammo was corrosive, and most rural people would shoot them, never clean the bore.

The history of the pistol and being in the family, being a moonshiner's "piece" makes it special to me. It originally had black bakelite grips.

The prices on these guns has risen so drastically, it's beyond me to ever get another one, even the new US Armament model, which I'd rather have.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
Bill, those are both very nice indeed!!!!

Get hold of me sometime Max and you can see them in person.

posted Hide Post
Very nice examples of this classic pistol. I still have the one my great grandfather carried when he was Governor of Wisconsin in the late 1920's. It still feels very natural in the hand, and is great fun to shoot.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Nice looking gun. I have a 1908 Colt vest pocket pistol in .25 and have been thinking about a 1903 hammerless. I may have to start thinking a bit harder.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure do wish that that U S Armament gun wasn't so spendy!!! I would love to have one as a shooter.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful handgun design.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post