SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32acp
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32acp Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
Don’t have them yet (state ok’s way behind), but I bought two 1903’s last weekend. I know there are fans of the 1903’s here, so I thought I’d post.

One is a 1925 (type III) with wood grips that is like new. The other is a 1930 (type IV) that is new in the box, with papers, etc! The 1930 will be a safe queen, but the other one will get shot. I’ll attempt to post pics after I get them home.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a couple... both early, but one is “early early” with a three digit SN.
Both very fun guns for point shooting, very nice feel in the hand.

Bill R

Posts: 1120 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. In my opinion that is the most beautiful pistol ever designed. Please post pics when you get them.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice guns. Good pickup.

Do you guys who own them shoot them much?

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Congrats, can’t wait to see some pics

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I have a well worn type I (bushing ) that shoots very well,

I'm trading it to myself (FFL I iz)for one I picked up recently that's been refinished, long ago, but is good to go,
I want a pocket gun I don't have to worry about the finish on,

both are 32, both shoot great, quite accurate, and natural pointers,

and yes, the sights suck on all of them

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
You guys are making me feel bad. I had a 1918 specimen and I was very disappointed in it. I did not like the feel (very small), terrible trigger, poor sights, and difficult to shoot because of the aforementioned. And then it developed a broken frame. I still have all of the parts (except the frame).

1903 Right1K by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 1918 1903 Hammerless and I love the feel, my trigger is awesome and very light 1911 like. If it wasn't so picky with ammo I'd shoot it more.

Posts: 48 | Registered: July 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Goodness Gary! It was 1918. Big Grin

Cleaned one up not too long ago for a buddy after we shot it. Fine little gun.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that, “and then it developed a broken frame”. Nice wordsmithing. That is why I wondered about how many of you guys shoot these. They sure are nice looking though.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the 1903. I have one from 1904 and it is very accurate and extremely reliable. So fun to shoot. As I get older the sights are not great for me, but what an amazingly genius engineering design.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I have my grandfather's 1903, manufactured in the late nineteen teens. I still shoot it from time to time, it's really pretty accurate from 10-15 yards.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way ahead of its time, too. The Glock 43 of its era. I want one but every time I find a decent one, I am too broke to buy it!
Frown

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Have one of the US Armament 1903 newly manufactured units. Love it! Very thin for concealed carry in the gun unfriendly environment I live in. Fast on target and with minimal recoil one can put 5 shots on target very quickly. Doesn't have the power of the 9mm but don't feel under-gunned.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Mine is a 1914 and is a fun shooter. I bought it back in 2009 for about $325. I consider it money well spent. It is well worn but mechanically sound.

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Bill always has nice stuff. I told him I remember lots of spy and detective movies from the 50's and somebody always had one of these Colts.

I have never had one, but suppose I could be tempted for one in .32. However, I need to be selling, not buying.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FALna45
posted Hide Post
congrats!
can't wait to see the NIB model, wow!

anyone know of aftermarket mags for these little lovelies?

Here's my '26 vintage, a very good shooter the little bit i've fired it....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yeah, i can teach you how to read the book of life...
or you can just look at the pictures if you like

Posts: 235 | Location: SE MI | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
FAL, Triple K is the only after market Mag that I know of for the 1903’s. I don’t have any knowledge of if they work or not. Your 1903 is very nice!

I’m picking up the two pistols on Saturday. Could have gotten them earlier, but the dealer forgot to call me and let me know. Oh well.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The Triple K mag I bought direct from Triple K was crap, and they refused to let me return it under warranty.

I bought a mag from US Armament and it works fine.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post