SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Latest on my Sig P320compact with Romeo 1 sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest on my Sig P320compact with Romeo 1 sight Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
So, I'm doing much better acquiring the target with the Romeo 1 dot... but still not quite up to speed with it.... but here is the the trouble. I went to my gun range today and practiced drawing and firing head shots at 7 meters. This is keeping rounds in a 3"x4.5" area called the ocular cavity. I did good and could keep it in the area drawing and firing pretty fast and would miss about every 6 shots or so... Need more practice... but here is my dilemma... decided to pull out my P250 compact which takes the same mags and put 10 rounds through it.... took me a moment to get used to that long double action pull but the break is dead on and I then proceeded to put 10 rounds in less than a 2" group with that gun....
Here is the one really good thing about the Romeo sights.... I can still sight in the target with the iron night sights on the gun and when you have the target lined up you can actually see how much the sight picture changes with just a little bit of movement with your finger or grip...
I think what I'm going to do on my next trip to the range is actually leave the Romeo 1 off and just use the iron sights and see how the gun shoots. I have put a Gray Gun trigger on... not sure if it makes that much of a difference maybe a pound possibly two less.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, let us know. I personally shoot my 250's better than my 320's. Don't know why.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Went back yesterday and decided to try the center mass part of my upcoming test... 45ft shooting at a 10" circle. P320 shot placement was just about the same.. P250 was just plain awful,.. must be me.
At this point I'm still not a fan of this striker trigger... I still prefer the double to single action on my P226... I'm pretty sure my next purchase will be a P226 in single action only.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post