SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    RMR and Sheild mounting Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMR and Sheild mounting Question Login/Join 
posted
I have a slide that is cut for an Shield red dot.
Will any other sights fit the cut?

I bought a Shield because I do not get the big red smudge I get from
Some red dots.

Thank you for your responses

Jsjac

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
The JPoint shares the same footprint, but the Shield is higher quality, IMO.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J-Point is made by Shield. It too has a nice
reputation. The J-point was available before the Shield RMS or RMSc was released for commercial sales.
J-point about a hundred dollars less than Shield.
Brownells is the office distributor for Shield sights in the U.S.
Optics Planet sell bot, J-Point and Shield.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JPoint has a little round protrusion at the rear of its housing and it will not fit into Shield's cut, but Shield will fit into JPoint cut.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
JPoint has a little round protrusion at the rear of its housing and it will not fit into Shield's cut, but Shield will fit into JPoint cut.

Goodness, you are right. I had a slide milled first for the Jpoint, then replaced that with a Shield.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your input guys

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Shield RMS will fit the Jpoint cut as well as most Deltapoint Pro cuts. Rumor has it all of the new RMS sights are shipping with the upgraded scratch resistant lens.

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to tell if the sight has the upgraded lens. The sight I have if very new.

posted Hide Post
If you have an RMS, it has a regular acrylic lens. There have been some statements, of unknown accuracy, that the RMSw sight has a more resistant lens. That sight has not hit the US yet. Finally, there is even less substantiated rumor that Shield might offer an RMS with a glass lens towards year's end. All of that is nothing but rumor so take it for what it is worth.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post