SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is the 320 Any Good?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the 320 Any Good? Login/Join 
posted
dumped a 320 two years ago; are there still issues with it?

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What issues are you referring to?

If it is the drop-fire liability, yes that has been addressed by SIG. New pistols should be fine. Older ones can be sent in for free modification.

The only other issue I heard reported with any frequency were extraction issues with some of the earlier builds, mostly with 9 mm compact slides. I understand that SIG modified the extractor, and they have gone through multiple modifications of "lightening cuts" that they had made in the early slides. I don't hear about those issues much anymore.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Some people are whining so much about the P365 now that they've forgotten about the P320... Razz

An "issue" initially which SIG fixed with prompt turnaround at no expense to owners. No issues now. One of the most accurate and natural pointing pistols to come out of SIG since the P225.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
The X grip module is a big improvement in my opinion. Also, GGI and Apex are offering parts to improve what was a ho-hum trigger to me. Big fan of the 320 now.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the P320 any good?

It's excellent.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Is the P320 any good?

It's excellent.

+1!!

Posts: 6 | Registered: August 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 8416 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delong31
posted Hide Post
Why'd you dump it? That will likely shape the kind of input you get back on your Q.

Posts: 88 | Location: DFW | Registered: June 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the trigger had an annoying reset click and the grip was too small; couldn't find another grip--I would like to see it as a good platform.

posted Hide Post
Well the upgrade also happened to change how the pistol reset so the double click is gone. As for larger grips, the Large is a decent amount larger. Also, Hogue now makes slip-ons designed for the P320 and they definitely add girth. I happen to do both Large and Hogue and it's beefy.

Large grip modules (now cheaper than when I bought):
https://www.sigsauerguns.com/c...ult/?q=Large+compact

Hogue:
https://www.hogueinc.com/grips.../beavertail/sig-p320

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
HOGUE makes the new beaver tail grip sleeve for the P320 full size but not the P320 compact. I wonder why?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally I am on a Beretta 92 kick. I have a pair of Elite LTT’s on the way. That being said, I have 5 320’s and I shoot them better than any gun I’ve ever owned. All of them hac been upgraded because I don’t need the shoot myself in the forehead. Triggers are very good, ergo’s are spot on for me with some stippling home brew, and I love the modularity.

Yes, they are the real deal. Some teething issues which I would have rather avoided. Welcome to gun buying 2018 style though. Buy with confidence if it’s upgraded.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is there a date of manufacture after which we know it's been upgraded?

Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Yup,
I own seven of them
And I am a picky SOB
LOVE ME SOME 320!

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rjksx1:
is there a date of manufacture after which we know it's been upgraded?

I think they ceased production in August 2017. So I'd venture to say anything after that would be upgraded versions.

posted Hide Post
I bought one of the first P320 when they just came to market. With small lower, the gun fit my hand very well. But it failed to eject, hit me in the face with spent cartridges, was difficult to reassemble and I could not shoot it with any accuracy. Sent it to Sig and sold shortly after with the intention to never buy a new Sig again. Shot my Gen 5 G19 last week against a guy with P320 compact and his new Sig just crumbled in his hands when he tried to clear a stuck cartridge. I suppose Sig has not fixed P320 after all. Not yet.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crumbled in his hands. I'd like to see pics of that.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Crumbled in his hands. I'd like to see pics of that.

Not likely. The camera also crumbled in the hands of the photographer during the unfortunate event. Razz

The range must be near Area 51.

http://realunexplainedmysterie...-51-conspiracy-facts

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
I read some amazing stuff on Sigforum these days, but ”Crumbled in his hands” stands apart.

The P320 is now the most thoroughly engineered, revised, tested and proven-reliable service pistol system in history. Don’t even talk to me about anything else in that realm because nobody else has put their products through the wringer like SIG (and their humble associates) have.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have 5 320’s and I shoot them better than any gun I’ve ever owned.

The P320 is an easy shooting pistol.

If you suck with a P320, you REALLY suck.

That said, I sold mine before the drop fire its not safe sorta safe debacle caused by insurgent Glock Fanbois and haven't looked back.

Bigger and heavier than comparable Glocks / S&W MP2.0s.

But if you like it, go for it. Just make sure you get a new one. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post