SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Compact magazine questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Compact magazine questions Login/Join 
posted
Hi, thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I recently purchased my first Sig pistol, a P320 Compact and have questions about the mags and frame modules.

My compact came with two 15-rd mags and I am poised to purchase a few more. Do the 17-rd mags fit the same or are they longer? Will it protrude from the magwell?

If I decide to swap the compact frame out for the carry, will it still accept the 15-rd mags? I see that the Carry version comes with the 17-rd mags. I'm just looking to get the most out of the modularity of this particular pistol...the main aspect that led me to it's purchase.

Finally, I'm also interested in installing the Springer Precision extended base pads to increase capacity. Can these be installed on any size mag? I'm looking to increase capacity in my two existing 15-rd mags. Is the +10 my best option? Do I need to purchase the Grams extra-capacity follower kit? I would love to turn my 15-rounders in to 25-rd but not sure if I can justify the $62 a piece price tag.

I know this is a lot of questions. Thanks for looking!

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
17 rd mags will fit the Compact and will stick out. 15 round mags are too short to function in Carry or FullSize.

X-grip adapters will slip on the 17 rd mags and can be used on the Compact. Still sticks out, but is more finished and functional.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/x...uer-p320c-p250c.html

I use the X-Grip adapters on my Glock 19, utilizing 17 round mags. I actually prefer that to my G34/G17 grips. For me, better hand fit and more concealable (due to shape, not size).

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I understand the desire but the reality is 15 rounds is a lot and actually a lot to carry. I know it goes against the grain of what we firmly believe in the gun enthusiast world but you know for every day carry... 10 is a lot more comfortable. I actually can't figure out what Sig was thinking coming out with the 17 round mags... it is all marketing and selling what people want not what they actually need. So, my advise (for what it is worth) is to stick with the 15 round mags... there is a reason why the gun is called a 'Compact'. So, keep it that way.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and I agree. However it should be noted that this is not and never will be my EDC gun. I carry a Springfield XD Mod.2 subcompact. My new Sig is intended to be a range gun and may earn a spot as a home defense pistol. I've really been wanting to get into competative pistol or two gun, which is why I'm interested in modding the P320.

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry with a compact magazine in the gun and a spare full size magazine with X-Grip adapter.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post