SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought a new Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a new Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
My first foray into the Kimber world. Bought it from Bud’s and picked it up from my FFL yesterday.

Went with the green laser over the red.

I’ve shot a couple of Ultra Carry IIs in the past and its always been on my wish list.

Glad to add it to the stable.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharp looking little pistol! Get to the range and get some trigger time on that thing!

I've got two Kimbers in my 1911 stable, a Pro CDP and a Pro Raptor Stainless. They both have been great weapons for me.

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I have two Ultra pistols (9mm and .45acp). Lube it well, be patient with it for a couple hundred rounds. You'll find it's as accurate as a larger pistol.

Are you going to leave those stickers on?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. Nice addition!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
... Are you going to leave those stickers on?

No, they have both since been removed. These photos were right after I had picked it up.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Depending on the size of your hands, the square butt might cause you irritation if shooting much. Both of mine have rounded main spring housings and frames. I'm told that KIMBER plans to produce the Ultra versions with the rounded configuration only. It really makes a difference.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one without the Crimson (and stickers).
Bought used but came with the plastic box, paperwork, and manual.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PCWyoming:

Experience any hiccups??

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PCWyoming:

Experience any hiccups??

I have owned it about 2 years. None so far. I have tried my .45 acp 230 gr. lead match load, 230 gr. full power FMJ loads, and 200 gr. coated lead midrange.
I replaced the RSA though as soon as I bought it.
I don't like the black on black sights and am planning to replace with the Kimber 3 dot white sights.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post