SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 and the French...thread drifted into: is there a compact and are police good at shooting?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 and the French...thread drifted into: is there a compact and are police good at shooting? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, they're not available in the US, and there are no plans to bring them into the US. People have been asking for over a decade, to no avail.

Not to be a PITA, but I could swear I'd seen a used compact that the LGS a few years ago. Maybe it was a 2009?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Was it actually a Compact version? I have yet to see any evidence that any Sig Pro Compacts ever made it into the country. But I will concede that there's a possibility, if someone were to be willing to deal with the added cost and hassle of importing one, and was able to get permission from both the US and the country of origin. (I recall a member here paid a buttload to import from Europe a certain P226 model that wasn't available in the US.) I don't know if the Sig Pro Compacts would even score enough "import points" to be allowed in, though...

Or was it just marked SPC2009? There was a small run of few hundred "SPC2009" pistols released in the US several years ago, with fancy scrollwork engraved on the top of the slide by the Custom Shop. These are marked "SPC2009", but are not the Compact model. I suppose the C is supposed to denote "Custom".

In addition, small batches of the Compact flat baseplates are (or at least were) imported from Switzerland a couple times per year by Roco Systems. So there's a number of those floating around in the US, and you do see standard Sig Pros with the flat Compact magazine baseplates. I had three or four of them to go with my SP2022. That could potentially cause some misidentification issues.

Here's a US SPC2009 (Custom, not Compact):

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure it was actually a compact. The guy behind the counter and I are old BSin' buddies, and I remember him showing me both the compact and the regular version to emphasize that the difference between the two really wasn't much.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was at a course a couple years ago, then the product manager was saying a Sigpro redesign was in the work to include a short reset trigger.

I like the single stack idea. I think if SIG tweaked the Sigpro a bit they would fly off the shelf . Offer a thinner, compact sized with short reset trigger.

A subcompact would be cool too while they are at it.

Dave

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The SIGPro line will not be continued I assume. As soon as the last contract guns of this series will be replaced, it´s gone in favor of the P250/P320 series or whatever SIGSauer will come up with in the future. With all respect to its popularity and success, but IMO it is representing less ingenious approach to build the P226/228 series pistol on a polymere frame to compete with Walther and HK.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
You folks who are saying Cops aren't shooters have no clue what you are talking about. That is because you are aren't Cops.

Well I have ten years in. I always shot a perfect score with a 2 inch group right on the heart.

Based on what I have seen, the vast majority of cops are not good shooters. Most at my department could barely qualify by only one or two shots. Several needed remedial every time they qualified. A very small minority, less than 15%, could easily qualify and get a perfect, or near perfect score.

The dirt in front of the target catches a lot of shots. The side walk 5 feet to my right even got shot.

I remember shooting steel with frangible in training. The tree had 6 round steel circles that fell over when shot with frangible ammo. The first 7 shooters completely missed all of the plates with every shot. 15 rounds down range times 7 officers and not a single plate was hit. The training folks about blew a gasket.

Feel free to believe that your local police force as a whole are excellent pistoleros. My experience at three departments says otherwise.

Didn't say that. Just because some Departments and States aren't big in making sure Officers are good shooters doesn't mean that is true Nation or World wide. Your experience doesn't mean it is the standard.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
one of the most respected forum members,maybe the most respect member and gunsmith has stated the 2022 is one the best deals of the sig lineup.Bruce Gray loves the 2022.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:
Was at a course a couple years ago, then the product manager was saying a Sigpro redesign was in the work to include a short reset trigger.

I like the single stack idea. I think if SIG tweaked the Sigpro a bit they would fly off the shelf . Offer a thinner, compact sized with short reset trigger.

A subcompact would be cool too while they are at it.

Dave

Single stack 9mm, short reset trigger, 3.6" barrel, SA/DA...sounds like the P225-A1 to me. Maybe I should check one out before too long? Wink

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I own and have shot both. The 2022 trigger is noticeably sweeter.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ I own and have shot both. The 2022 trigger is noticeably sweeter.

Just saved me about $800 (and that's the Blue Label price). Thanks! Seriously though last night I Google'd the SP2022 and French testing and read several articles. The French police forces' (and the Foreign Legion if I read correctly) thoughts on the 2022 were very, very highly favorable. Another member posted a Wiki page link; Switzerland's Military Police also are issued the 2022. A ringing endorsement to my mind. And the Richmond, VA police carry it in .357 SIG. As some of us have said before, SIG's best kept secret...

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I sold my 2022 a several years ago due to mag prices and not being able to find them. I regret it as it had the sweetest DA pull on any Sig I’ve owned. Now that I can find mags everywhere, I may think about another. I really want a 226 though...........

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
How in the frig did I get drug into this? Big Grin

My opinion on cops and shooting depends upon the leadership, and how they support training (or lack there of).

There is a universal truth of the LE firearms instructor. Instructors spend 90 percent of their time with 10 percent of their department. That seems pretty universal from all of the agencies I have ever trained or trained with.

Some agencies, however, set a much higher bar than some of the shenanigans you see in the news. The Kentucky State Police is one. They turn out top drawer shooters across the board. They place a high value on individual marksmanship, and they spend a lot of time cultivating that. You rarely hear of a trooper getting into a shooting that isn't fatal, and it is even more rare that they miss a round or two. Their Special Response Team of late is getting into a shooting about once a month these days. It seems not even to make the news it is so common.

And there are many other agencies that have learned the same lessons.

Average? Average is driven by money. When times get tight, the first place that money gets trimmed is the training budget. Bullets, training time, shift coverage, it all costs money. Some agencies view it is a nuisance and will do the bare minimums to satisfy the insurance carriers and state standards. My agency spends a lot of money training in all areas, and firearms is no different.

Cops can't shoot? Yeah, it happens. You've got officers that view the gun no more important than the mobile data computer or measuring wheel for working collisions. But, the attitude starts from the top, and it depends on reasonable goals set by the training staff through dry fire, live fire and Force on Force.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
I sold my 2022 a several years ago due to mag prices and not being able to find them. I regret it as it had the sweetest DA pull on any Sig I’ve owned. Now that I can find mags everywhere, I may think about another. I really want a 226 though...........

This get's said a lot on this forum, but in this case it's 100% gospel, get both.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Or was it just marked SPC2009? There was a small run of few hundred "SPC2009" pistols released in the US several years ago, with fancy scrollwork engraved on the top of the slide by the Custom Shop. These are marked "SPC2009", but are not the Compact model. I suppose the C is supposed to denote "Custom".

You are correct about the CustomShop designation.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post