SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    More Beretta fun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Beretta fun Login/Join 
posted
Picked up an M9A3 for my collection a couple weeks ago. A first for me as I've shot SIGs as my DA/SA guns, never owned a Beretta until now.

Aside from the obvious baby poop brown color:

- Straight Vertec grip which I much prefer over the standard curved backstrap
- Extended mag release button
- D-spring comes already installed
- Dovetailed front and rear tritium sights
- Threaded factory suppressor barrel
- Slightly upturned safety/decocker lever, which is supposed to help prevent inadvertent activation of the lever when manipulating the slide
- Full 1913 Pic rail
- Slide is ready to accept type G parts w/o modification
- Comes with 3 sand resistant 17 round mags

The trigger out of the box is superior to any of the SIGs I currently own, but I don't care for the double click you feel as the trigger pulls the hammer past its half cock notch. Shoots about as softly as you'd expect an enormous 9mm pistol to shoot. Don't know if it's the dropping block barrel system, but the action is very smooth right out of the box. Is it worth the price Beretta is asking? Probably not, from a practical standpoint. But I like the way it looks and I love the way it shoots. Plus, it matches my M45A1.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to add one to my collection. It does cry out for some CCR love though

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Nice! My local gun store has one, and I think it's the G model. I didn't dare look at it case it was. I shouldn't buy any more guns right now.

Enjoy it!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Blade-Tech shipped me their IDPA legal Classic OWB holster quickly.
Its not yet on their website; call to order.

Extra mags from Beretta are cheaper by threes.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Great guns. One correction; the slide isn't modified for G-kit; the G-kit is universal and will work in any FS slide.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Excellent congrats. I'm becoming a fan of the Beretta's. My 92FS really shoots well and with the 17 round mags the size of the gun is acceptable.
I prefer shooting the 92 over the CZ's I had.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

I was pleasantly surprised to find that even the OEM FDE sand resistant mags from Beretta are reasonably priced. Even better are the 17 round ACT-Mags for under $17, which are in stock at Greg Cote.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sakata8242:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

I was pleasantly surprised to find that even the OEM FDE sand resistant mags from Beretta are reasonably priced. Even better are the 17 round ACT-Mags for under $17, which are in stock at Greg Cote.

The 17 round factory mags are only 15 bucks with free shipping right from Beretta .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
Very nice and good shooting!
I picked up one last week with the prices dropping. Cannot wait to get to the range.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post