SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 Sub vs 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 Sub vs 365 Login/Join 
posted
need to decide this in next few weeks.

Posts: 208 | Location: Littleton, Co. USA | Registered: August 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's your purpose for it and what else do you have?

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I used to have a variety of P320's which have all been sold. They were CCW, but with the advent of the P365, the P3365 exclusively serves that role.

I recently took a defensive pistol course where a sub-compact or larger pistol was recommended. Several attendees used the P365, including me. Occasionally looking at the other targets, the P365 users didn't seem to be at any disadvantage.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends how you want to carry it. I like the P320 compact and subcompact (my subcompact now wears the x-compact frame, so takes a 15 round magazine instead of a 12 round).

The P365 is considerably smaller, and well suited to pocket carry. I have one in my pocket right now. The P320 in whatever form is better suited to belt carry.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Handle both. I am not on the 365 bandwagon for several reasons but The P365 is an absolute paradigm shift in terms of concealment/firepower. It really is amazing to handle in real life. That being said it may be too small for folks. (I am not saying it can’t be run effectively or anything) I just feel the need to point out that it’s diminutive size may cross the line from pro to con for some people.

So handle both if not shoot both unless your primary desire is smallest possible with most firepower.

Those itty bitty 10 round magazines are precious to behold though. They are so cute. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with CSGunslinger. For me, the 365 is too small. That may eventually change if the surgery I am waiting for improves my dexterity. Right now the P250SC works well. When I am concerned about concealment, I use a S&W Shield or the LCP.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those saying that the gun is too small, try the Hogue grip. It gives the gun just the right amount of circumference on the grip and a small palm-swell. It makes the gun perfect if you ask me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
For those saying that the gun is too small, try the Hogue grip. It gives the gun just the right amount of circumference on the grip and a small palm-swell. It makes they gun perfect if you ask me.

I also found the grip to be a bit small and initially had trouble controlling it but a Hogue grip cured the issue. Fits my medium sized hand perfectly. It is an easy to conceal, great shooting hand gun.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Another factor (for now?)
Do you want something other than 9mm?

At the moment, the 365 is 9mm only, correct?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I have both and like them equally. The 365 is nice and compact, 10 or 12 rounds, easily concealed and very accurate. I recently purchased a 320X Compact, and that is going to be my "go to" pistol. It has a subcompact slide, with a very comfortable grip and has 15 round magazines.
Before you make any decisions check out the 320X Compact, and to throw a monkey wrench into the mix, SIG just introduced the 365XL. Definitely worth looking into it. Whatever you choose, you can't go wrong.
Good luck with your search.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Another factor (for now?)
Do you want something other than 9mm?

At the moment, the 365 is 9mm only, correct?

Yes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently have a 320sc & I like that it takes the original 12 round mags, as well as the 15, 17 & 20 (something) round mags. I use x-grip mag fillers & the 15 & 17 round mags feel great at the range.
For cc, I have the 12+1 in the 320 & a spare 15 or 17 in a icw pouch. very versatile.
BTW, I am looking at buying the cabella's exclusive two tome 365 - it will match my sig 220 & my kahr cm9 also in two tone.

Posts: 47 | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My 365 fills the role size wise that used to be my snubbies role, same size, tiny bit heavier, more than twice the ammo on board, and a 15 round reload to boot. 100% reliable thru 700 rounds so far, way easier to shoot, and much more accurate than my S&W 638 is.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I carry my P365 almost exclusively off-duty. The only situation where I’d carry my P320 off-duty is where I’d regularly be in the woods, wide-open areas, or long-distance driving where .357 Sig would be a significant advantage over 9mm.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Absolutely go with the P365. Even though I carry a P320 as my duty pistol, I quickly ditched my P320SC once I got a P365 and put it through its paces. It's better than the P320SC in every way.

The P365 is significantly smaller and thinner, while carrying the same number of rounds. (The P320SC was already a bit too large and bulky for what was nominally a "subcompact".)

The P365 is also easier and more comfortable to shoot.

And now that 15 round magazines are available for the P365, you're not really giving up any capacity on the spare magazines either.

quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
For those saying that the gun is too small, try the Hogue grip. It gives the gun just the right amount of circumference on the grip and a small palm-swell. It makes the gun perfect if you ask me.

Agreed. I have large hands, and the P365 with a Hogue grip fits me perfectly. It's exactly as small as a gun can be while still allowing me to get a comfortable, solid two-handed grip. Any smaller and it would be too small.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I like my P365, but I prefer my P320c pistols more. It's the versatility. Both are great to shoot, and granted the P365 is more compact and has great capacity for such a tiny pistol, but something about it doesn't work for me as well as the P320c. I really prefer a 1911 but AZ summers don't always allow for that.

I'll keep the P365 for those situations where being really discreet is required.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I like my P365, but I prefer my P320c pistols more. It's the versatility. Both are great to shoot, and granted the P365 is more compact and has great capacity for such a tiny pistol, but something about it doesn't work for me as well as the P320c. I really prefer a 1911 but AZ summers don't always allow for that.

I'll keep the P365 for those situations where being really discreet is required.

Ditto this but for South Carolina. My 320 X carry compact is great and I just picked up a 320 SC at PSA on clearance. It fits my hand better than the 365 and just now shooting it I find it much easier and softer than my 365.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both and my P320 SC is now my truck gun since I acquired the P365.

Posts: 7 | Registered: April 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post