SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which mag loader
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which mag loader Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted
I manually loaded 550 rounds of 45 and 9mm today at the range ouch ouch never again so folks which is the best mag loader for single stack 45 ammo and 9mm double stack ammo SIG 8 round mags 220 and SIG 226 9mm 20 rounders.
Thanks

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
UpLULA

I don't think there's anything else that remotely comes close.

https://www.amazon.com/Maglula...loader/dp/B01MQTZVZY

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
UpLULA

I don't think there's anything else that remotely comes close.

Yep.

/thread

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrprovy
posted Hide Post
I've tried the ETS, and it's more of a PITA tan it's worth...went back to the UpLULA. I have the one linked, plus their little one for .380, their AR loader, and just started using their 10/22 loader/unloader kit (& my wife has a purple one).

Posts: 62 | Location: New Yorkistan | Registered: April 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CPTKILLER:
Definitely a UpLULA.

I agree.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have and use UPLULA for double stack pistol mags, and the ETS loader for MP5 mags(works great!!)

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Sorted and ordered thanks Gents

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I realize you've already ordered, but I'll echo it: UPLULA. Available from SF's own Greg Cote.

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Damn I ordered from MIDWEST!!

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberphobia:
Damn I ordered from MIDWEST!!

That’s okay, you’ll find you can’t have too many of them. The one in the range bag is absolutely required, but eventually you’ll decide you want one wherever you store you mags, or in the safe with pistols, or your kids or wife will swipe yours one too many times so you’ll want to get them their own...

Note: If it gets trapped closed, that is the handy storage lock getting engaged by your finger as you load. I can tell mine from the rest of the family’s as it engaged on me one time too many so I removed the lock. Closing it up really doesn’t save that much space anyway.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Yes, order another one. You’ll be loaning it out a lot at the range. Even more so if you shoot any competition. It amazes me the number of folks that still load mags in high volume with their thumbs.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I don't own one but just be aware there are chinese fakes that get sold at Amazon. I think you may have gotten yours from a reputable source.
Amazon is not that reputable.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Yes I saw about the knock offs thanks... its not so much the 226 20 round 9mm mags its the 220 8 rounder.45 that kill me

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

posted Hide Post
I’m going to have to be a bit contrarian.

Don’t get an UpLULA. Get a yellow or purple UpLULA. They’re so common now you need something to set yours apart.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:

Don’t get an UpLULA. Get a yellow or purple UpLULA. They’re so common now you need something to set yours apart.

Both of my black ones have new homes, for some reason the banana yellow one doesn't have any issue growing legs and walking off. Big Grin

But having said that, I think my current one is OD because it was the cheapest I found when I needed a new one.

I just got an ETS, haven't used it yet though. As much as I like the Lula it can be slow, or cumbersome, if you're not seated at a table and instead trying to use your stomach to compress the setup and cram the last few rounds in a tight mag. I usually end up only loading 10 or 15 into a mag, depending on what the full capacity is, in those situations. Or just grab a handful of rounds and wander around thumb loading.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:

QFTMFT

My black one disappeared at a class when someone likely thought it's was their black one. The replacement was the lemon lime color and no one touches it. Someone I shoot with uses purple and no one touches that.

Black is hugely popular and everyone has that one.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:

I buy pink ones. Scare off the more macho thieves.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get an Uplula made for double stack mags, and go on Ebay and buy the snap-on single stack adapter
for $15. The adapter holds the thinner mags in place and makes it much easier to load.

Posts: 43 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigborgel:
Get an Uplula made for double stack mags, and go on Ebay and buy the snap-on single stack adapter
for $15. The adapter holds the thinner mags in place and makes it much easier to load.

No adapter needed. P7M8 9mm mags, P225 9mm mags, 1911 45ACP mags, 1911 9mm mags, P220 45ACP mags, P220 10mm mags. Never saw any use for an adapter with any of them.

I don’t load against my stomach. If sitting down I use the top of my thigh. If standing up, my belt, the point of my hip, or the belt near the point of my hip. It would be great to have a rock hard stomach that is as solid as those spots, but I am just not there. Eek

ETA: I’ve never had one seriously walk off. Sometimes one of my kids will use it and set it with their stuff, but the missing lock tab makes it pretty obvious. Been to a lot of OpSpec classes and a few others and I’ve never had one develop legs. I use a silver sharpie to put my brand and a number on each of my mags. It would be easy enough to put the brand on the uplula. If I were worried about a serious thief using a solvent to wipe the brand off, it would be easy to mark with a wood burner, soldering iron, or an engraver. I just don’t see it as a problem. YMMV, but I’d get whatever color you want, and if you’re worried about theft mark it.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post