SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tactical rail mounted scope mount for P220 or P226?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tactical rail mounted scope mount for P220 or P226? Login/Join 
posted
Hello all,

My eyes are such that I may need to go to some type of optical sight like a pistol scope, red dot or reflex sight for my handguns.

I don't want to drill/tap frames, and have E2 grips on my Sig pistols [and like the E2 grips].

Can anyone recommend a couple of pistol scope mounts that attach at the tactical rail?

Or recommend a few to avoid, and explain why?

thank you!

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with any options for SIG on the rail. I have used some on Glock which also use one of the frame pins and those work great, but I have mostly converted to slide mounted. But there are options that use the dovetail like from trijicon for the RMR.
And of course you can just have your slide milled.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Sig bridge mount.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
widely regarded as junk. sig should be embarrassed.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Sig bridge mount.

Thanks for the lead!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
widely regarded as junk. sig should be embarrassed.

I am not disagreeing, but- why is it regarded as Junk? Any threads that explain the failing of it?

I have some guesses, but that is all it is.

If you think it is junk, can you offer any recommendation for some similar type of mount that is widely regarded as decent to good?

posted Hide Post
I don't think you can find any of the old threads about at this point. It's been out for awhile. But you can do an internet search and see what comes up. A friend of mine tried one briefly and had issues of material of construction (flex), attachment method (sucks), need to remove to disassemble gun, non repeatable remount, too high above the frame.
But at this point the thing is so cheap why not get one and see how it works for you.