SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wait time on a M&P at the factory
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wait time on a M&P at the factory Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
I called S&W to order a channel liner for my M&P 45 full size. I had 2 options. 1) have them send me a new channel liner for free. 2) Send in my gun and have it repaired for free.

I chose door # 2 and asked them to replace the pins on the slide and frame. I sent the gun out about 10 days ago. I called today to see if it would be back in time for a steel challenge match this weekend. No dice. Today's CS guy said 4-6 weeks. Now I have to try to put my P220 back together as I have only .45 acp ammo left.

4-6 weeks to install a piece of plastic. Holy crap!

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Well..........you have to take into account how many returned guns they have ahead of yours that were not right when they shipped them out the first time. Smile

But I hear they have excellent customer service and should take care of you. And their customer service should be top notch, given the amount of practice they get. Wink Good luck! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Oh man, you should've tackled that yourself.

I had to send in my Shield for a barrel replacement. Of course, they didn't offer to send me a new barrel. They wanted the whole pistol.
Was about 4 weeks to swap the barrel for a new one.

Why do you need a new channel liner? I'm just curious about that...

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I tried with another M&P. I tried to force the liner down the pipe and destroyed it!
Not again.

quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
Oh man, you should've tackled that yourself.

I had to send in my Shield for a barrel replacement. Of course, they didn't offer to send me a new barrel. They wanted the whole pistol.
Was about 4 weeks to swap the barrel for a new one.

Why do you need a new channel liner? I'm just curious about that...

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Now I have to try to put my P220 back together as I have only .45 acp ammo left.

Jesus son, you are UNPREPARED for the apocalypse!! Rectify that. Now.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Bubba,
I meant to say pistol ammo. I have over 10k rounds for my AK47 and about 2k for my .308.
I have plenty of .40 ammo but I loaned my .40 M&P to a friend(out of town).

The trick is to re assemble my P220. It has been apart for more than 2 weeks. One part seems to be hanging me up. Some of the Gents in the Armorer's section helped me out. But I cannot go the last mile.

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Now I have to try to put my P220 back together as I have only .45 acp ammo left.

Jesus son, you are UNPREPARED for the apocalypse!! Rectify that. Now.

It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried with another M&P. I tried to force the liner down the pipe and destroyed it!
Not again.

Bummer, but the install is way easier than removal. If you weren't across the country I would've taken care of you for free. Certified M&P armorer.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks Piedrarc, getting it out was the easy part! Btw, nice shooting with your 226.

quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
quote:
Not again.

Bummer, but the install is way easier than removal. If you weren't across the country I would've taken care of you for free. Certified M&P armorer.